2020 College Prospects

BroncoBruin

OL and QB have been the biggest needs for this team for five years, and nothing has really changed. 

WR in the 2nd makes sense because there are so many 1st round caliber guys, you have a good shot at getting one. At OT and iDL, if you want an elite talent they're unlikely to be there in the 2nd. 

15 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

KNow you guys are prioritizing WR, but I place the Oline as our biggest need. I think we can get a decent #2 WR with speed  in the 2nd (trade up ?) or even with our top 3rd round. Maybe it's just me, but I'd even prioritize ILB before a WR

Jeudy is a special talent.  But yeah I’d put Andrew Thomas ahead.   He put up a clean sheet against the Gator DE’s today who were seen as a top unit, and it’s the same story week in and week out.  

Add in that the WR class is so deep I do believe that we can find a normal Rd1 talent in early Rd2 there.   So it’s an easy pass at WR Rd1.  The talent is elite at the top so I don’t mind that we pass on Jeudy for an elite guy at another spot and still get a great WR Rd2.   

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BroncoBruin said:

OL and QB have been the biggest needs for this team for five years, and nothing has really changed. 

WR in the 2nd makes sense because there are so many 1st round caliber guys, you have a good shot at getting one. At OT and iDL, if you want an elite talent they're unlikely to be there in the 2nd. 

We got our guy at QB and the line is a healthy RT, Left tackle from being stabilized. It's so deep if the value is there get a second tackle to hedge a bet on James so Wilkinson kicks in at guard. 

Agree with everything you said in the back half. Even if I'd like an inline te at some point. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

We got our guy at QB and the line is a healthy RT, Left tackle from being stabilized. It's so deep if the value is there get a second tackle to hedge a bet on James so Wilkinson kicks in at guard. 

Agree with everything you said in the back half. Even if I'd like an inline te at some point. 

News to me that we got our guy at QB. They have a guy, who has done nothing yet. At OL, questions at every position but LG. 

Edited by BroncoBruin

4 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

News to me that we got our guy at QB. They have a guy, who has done nothing yet. At OL, questions at every position but LG. 

They're gonna give him till 2021 minimum." You're one of the Smartest people in this forum and you're too stupid to see they made that decision in April. " really hope you're a Hank from breaking bad fan or else I sound like an a hole lol.

Once you get left Tackle it makes the line look so much better because Wilkinson will kick into rg next year. James has to get healthy but we have to hedge that bet. And at center get a development guy we've got plenty of picks lol!

Edited by thebestever6
  • Like 1

LT can be argued as both overall BPA & def our top need at top 5-10 spot (I assume Tua and Burrow & Chase Young go 1-3 odds are pretty high that we won’t pick that high).   Easy when both arguments can be made.    

Given how bad the T classes have been of late for high end LT talent, the clear fact Bolles can’t cut it at LT and the talent available, it would be a major upset if Elway didn’t go there, barring seismic shifts in the next tier after Young / Burrow-Tua tier.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I'm torn at the mike spot IDL is top priority to stopping the run because whoever fills that role will make the Mike's job easier.

That IDL from Iowa looks niceee!.

Fangio's D is almost predicated on a speedy ILB that can shut down the middle of the field ala Roquan Smith. I am liking Dylan Moses (again an ALA guy ??), looks like a 3-down guys before the injury and should be around in the 2nd for us.

Just now, thebestever6 said:

They're gonna give him till 2021 minimum." You're one of the Smartest people in this forum and you're too stupid to see they made that decision in April. " really hope you're a Hank from breaking bad fan or else I sound like an a hole lol.

Once you get left Tackle it makes the line look so much better because Wilkinson will kick into rg next year. James has to get healthy but we have to hedge that bet. And at center get a development guy we've got plenty of picks lol!

Thing is, you're purely guessing and projecting what you want to happen onto this front office. Maybe that's what happens, maybe they're in on QBs next year. He hasn't played a snap yet. 

Wilkinson kicking into RG is not a long term outcome, that's the kind of move that happens when you can't fill every need. If that's where the interior is at, they'll be in on guards on Day 2-early Day 3. 

Just now, Cutler06 said:

Fangio's D is almost predicated on a speedy ILB that can shut down the middle of the field ala Roquan Smith. I am liking Dylan Moses (again an ALA guy ??), looks like a 3-down guys before the injury and should be around in the 2nd for us.

That's why a trade down is plan A there's so much talent in this draft at positions of need if we don't go big in free agency I want 3 first rounders !!! Think Giants in 2019. 

The tackle class is like 7 deep lol.

4 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Thing is, you're purely guessing and projecting what you want to happen onto this front office. Maybe that's what happens, maybe they're in on QBs next year. He hasn't played a snap yet. 

Wilkinson kicking into RG is not a long term outcome, that's the kind of move that happens when you can't fill every need. If that's where the interior is at, they'll be in on guards on Day 2-early Day 3. 

Guard or center can be addressed whichever one they don't address either connor goes to guard or Wilkinson can. Rome wasn't built in 1 day lol.

It's a little projecting but I broke it down in the when will drew lock start forum. For better or worse he's our starter until 2021 minimum. 

I also think his ceiling is in between Stafford and Rodgers so Watch the F out Patty Mahomes!!! Raiders actually scare me the most going forward in this division. 

Edited by thebestever6

Just now, thebestever6 said:

Guard and center can be addressed whichever one they don't address either connor goes to guard or Wilkinson can. Rome wasn't built in 1 day lol.

It's a little projecting but I broke it down in the when will drew lock start forum. For better or worse he's our starter until 2021 minimum. 

I also think his ceiling is in between Stafford and Rodgers so Watch the F out Patty Mahomes!!! Raiders actually scare me the most going forward in this division. 

McGovern is a FA. There's a good chance they're replacing 3 starters, plus hoping James can stay healthy. 

It's all projecting. You're purely guessing. They may very well have another starter next year. 

Don't even know what to say about the ceiling stuff...