2020 College Prospects

BroncoBruin

3 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

McGovern is a FA. There's a good chance they're replacing 3 starters, plus hoping James can stay healthy. 

It's all projecting. You're purely guessing. They may very well have another starter next year. 

Don't even know what to say about the ceiling stuff...

I see no reason Connor doesn't sign a cheap extension here. He's versatile and a year one starter at center. You have cheap labor use that and build through the draft.

Free agent oline are for when you're about to make a title run.Or in the case of James you plan on protecting a young franchise qb.

Edited by thebestever6

6 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

It's all projecting. You're purely guessing. They may very well have another starter next year. 

Isn't that what this forum is all about??? 

Either you think this thing is going to be turned around and you're a homer. Or you're @AnAngryAmerican let's fire everyone!!!. 

We sway toward AAA because of the last 3 years but times are changing hop on board. It's lonely on this bandwagon lol.

Edited by thebestever6

1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

I see no reason Connor doesn't sign a cheap extension here. He's versatile and a year one starter at center. You have cheap labor use that and build through the draft.

Free agent oline are for when you're about to make a title run.Or in the case of James you plan on protecting a young franchise qb.

Well, he'll have options as a FA. He could find another opportunity somewhere else for more money. Or the team could decide they really don't like him as a starter at either position and not want to pay starter money to a guy they view as a backup. I doubt they view him internally as their long term center. 

Hopefully there isn't much of a market to materialize and they can bring him back. 

• Like 1

Isn't that what this forum is all about??? 

Either you think this thing is going to be turned around and you're a homer. Or you're @AnAngryAmerican let's fire everyone!!!. 

We sway toward AAA because of the last 3 years but times are changing hop on board. It's lonely on this bandwagon lol.

My point is you're penciling in Lock as the guy and he hasn't done anything to move the needle one way or another yet. If he absolutely bombs, guess what? They're more likely to move on than stick it out. The "we got our guy" stuff is way too presumptive.

1 minute ago, BroncoBruin said:

Hopefully there isn't much of a market to materialize and they can bring him back. 

Can any of the guys on the PS fill that void, bargain bin free agent, or high floor guy to groom while the PS gets a crack?

I don't see a paradis level center coming in here or guard tbh.

Just now, BroncoBruin said:

My point is you're penciling in Lock as the guy and he hasn't done anything to move the needle one way or another yet. If he absolutely bombs, guess what? They're more likely to move on than stick it out. The "we got our guy" stuff is way too presumptive.

At this point in time what is more likely in your mind? 

A Buffalo 2018 trade down that never was to replenish the farm system or a top 5 QB?

If you answer the latter I have no hope to change your mind lol.

@BroncoBruin Penciling in a guy as the starter for a year and a half isn't penning him in as the guy lol.

Just look what Happened to Josh Rosen he was the guy for 1 year!!! This is a classier organization pinky up so Lock gets until 2021. He's our Rosen at minimum. 

You think 5 games is all they give him? Unless they get a 2nd for his services I don't see that. You have to at least break even to make that move. We act like John Elway is some Hills have eyes creature with half a brain lol. Give him some sort of credit.

Edited by thebestever6

At this point in time what is more likely in your mind? 

A Buffalo 2018 trade down that never was to replenish the farm system or a top 5 QB?

If you answer the latter I have no hope to change your mind lol.

Neither is likely to happen. 

You're not changing my mind because you said this team doesn't need a QB because they "got their guy" in a 2nd rounder who hasn't played. I would be horrified if that was the front office's view. 

@BroncoBruin Penciling in a guy as the starter for a year and a half isn't penning him in as the guy lol.

Just look what Happened to Josh Rosen he was the guy for 1 year!!! This is a classier organization pinky up so Lock gets until 2021. He's our Rosen at minimum. 

You think 5 games is all they give him? Unless they get a 2nd for his services I don't see that. You have to at least break even to make that move. We act like John Elway is some Hills have eyes creature with half a brain lol. Give him some sort of credit.

I don't know if that's all they give him. Again, he has not played yet so projecting anything is just guessing without the education. 

3 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

I don't know if that's all they give him. Again, he has not played yet so projecting anything is just guessing without the education. 

No if they viewed him like you do they'd throw his a to the wolves. Broncofanfrom UK said it best have Brandon Allen not in the 2020 plans take the beating. 

4 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Neither is likely to happen. 

You're not changing my mind because you said this team doesn't need a QB because they "got their guy" in a 2nd rounder who hasn't played. I would be horrified if that was the front office's view. 

They got their guy for 2020 minimum until you and the rest of the fan base falls in love ala the Rams with Jared Goff, or T.O with Tony Romo and say Dats my quarterback.!

Edited by thebestever6

Just now, thebestever6 said:

No if they viewed him like you do they'd throw his a to the wolves. Broncofanfrom UK said it best have Brandon Allen not in the 2020 plans take the beating. 

They got their guy for 2020 minimum until you and the rest of the fan base fall in love ala the Rams with Jared Goff, or T.O with Tony Romo and say Dats my quarterback.!

You have no idea how they view him, and I'm not sure you know how I view him either, but I digress. One thing we do know is they passed on him three times in the draft.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

You have no idea how they view him, and I'm not sure you know how I view him either, but I digress. One thing we do know is they passed on him three times in the draft.

Heck if Greenbay knew how good Aaron Rodgers was, or Patriots with Jimmy G do you think they would of fell to round 2? Rodgers to pick 23?

How about Tony Romo you think he's a Udfa in 2005? 

What's your point about passing on him we got our Catalyst for a top 10 offense!!! Gey hyped!!!

Edited by thebestever6

4 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Heck if Greenbay knew how good Aaron Rodgers was, or Patriots with Jimmy G do you think they would of fell to round 2?

How about Tony Romo you think he's a Udfa in 2005? 

What's your point about passing on him we got our Catalyst for a top 10 offense!!! Gey hyped!!!

The Pats probably didn't know how good Jimmy would be, they make it a habit to take QBs every 2-3 years. And I think Lock is closer to that kind of dart throw pick than a serious franchise QB investment. Green Bay took Rodgers in the 1st, and I'm sure they didn't know he would be this kind of player because he wasn't that kind of player as a prospect. But they did pick a QB in the 1st coming off a long run of playoff appearances with a Hall of Fame QB on their roster, so they clearly liked him a lot. 

My point should be obvious. If they were 100% sold on Lock, they pick him at 10. Or they pick him at 20. Or they pick him with the Risner pick. If that Cincinnati trade falls through, Lock isn't a Bronco and I doubt the front office would have been too bummed about it. Now, based on...nothing at all...he's the catalyst to a top 10 offense in their mind? I don't know about that one. 

Edited by BroncoBruin

1 minute ago, BroncoBruin said:

My point should be obvious. If they were 100% sold on Lock, they pick him at 10. Or they pick him at 20. Or they pick him with the Risner pick. If that Cincinnati trade falls through, Lock isn't a Bronco and I doubt the front office would have been too bummed about it. Now, based on...nothing at all...he's the catalyst to a top 10 offense in their mind? I don't know about that one. 

So they're engaged with how the draft is going to fall and they get penalized for that???

Elway maneuvered the draft board like Aristotle and hes an inbred from the hills have eyes? 

Lock lost 1 game by 29 points last season to the number 1 ranked team in the country. Haskins lost 1 game by 29 points to Purdue!!!!

Be lucky and grateful Dan Snyder had a hard on for Haskins because Drew Lock is a badddd dude. I get Haskins was a Sophomore and won every game but 1 on a loaded Ohio State team. But to pick a guy like that top 15 is bananas. He should of went second or late first because he needs time to develop. 

We got a steal because of @AnAngryAmericans Brother Dan.

3 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

So they're engaged with how the draft is going to fall and they get penalized for that???

Elway maneuvered the draft board like Aristotle and hes an inbred from the hills have eyes? 

Lock lost 1 game by 29 points last season to the number 1 ranked team in the country. Haskins lost 1 game by 29 points to Purdue!!!!

Be lucky and grateful Dan Snyder had a hard on for Haskins because Drew Lock is a badddd dude. I get Haskins was a Sophomore and won every game but 1 on a loaded Ohio State team. But to pick a guy like that top 15 is bananas. He should of went second or late first because he needs time to develop. 

We got a steal because of @AnAngryAmericans Brother Dan.

Buddy, that's just pure spin there. Once again, this is not an "Elway playing chess" move. They didn't like him enough to take him in the 1st and that's why they only made the move once they had essentially free capital to work with from getting good value in the trade down. They even took Risner with their 2nd pick not knowing the Bengals trade would work out. 

Edited by BroncoBruin
  • Like 1