2020 College Prospects

BroncoBruin

Just now, BroncoBruin said:

Buddy, that's just pure spin there. Once again, this is not an "Elway playing chess" move. They didn't like him enough to take him in the 1st and that's why they only made the move once they had essentially free capital to work with. They even took Risner with their 2nd pick not knowing the Bengals trade would work out. 

Or the trade for Flacco gave them ideal time and patience to play chess like they would of done in 2016 had they traded for Colin Kaepernick?

If Kaepernick is a Bronco in 2016 so are Chris Jones and Dak Prescott.  

4 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Or the trade for Flacco gave them ideal time and patience to play chess like they would of done in 2016 had they traded for Colin Kaepernick?

If Kaepernick is a Bronco in 2016 so are Chris Jones and Dak Prescott.  

Or...not at all. No chess here. 

While it's nice to think Denver takes the best player possible there, that's just another guess. They could have also picked another scrub. Or still picked Paxton Lynch. No idea why you assume they suddenly make the right move just because they get another placeholder QB...

Edited by BroncoBruin

2 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Or...not at all. No chess here. 

While it's nice to think Denver takes the best player possible there, that's just another guess. They could have also picked another scrub. 

I can't wait to bask in my glory by week 17 when you say Lock deserves all of 2020 to audition and Denver should trade down and take a buffalo Esque style haul.

Meanwhile in Washington hopefully Trent Williams doesn't burn that place to the ground Denzel In training day style!

But... I guess that's why they play the games.

Edited by thebestever6

5 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I can't wait to bask in my glory by week 17 when you say Lock deserves all of 2020 to audition and Denver should trade down and take a buffalo Esque style haul.

Meanwhile in Washington hopefully Trent Williams doesn't burn that place to the ground Denzel In training day style!

But... I guess that's why they play the games.

...but that's exactly what I've asked for. For the guy to actually play so an evaluation can be made, rather than just declaring we've "got our guy" after three rough preseason games and nothing else. 

Edited by BroncoBruin

...but that's exactly what I've asked for? For the guy to actually play so an evaluation can be made, rather than just declaring we've "got our guy" after three rough preseason games and nothing else? 

We got our guy for 2020 no matter what... do you want me do do a comp on the drew lock thread with Jimmy Clausen so I can break it down for you better?

There's no Cam Newton in this Draft. Cincinnati and Miami are going qb before us. There is no qb worth gambling on before giving Lock a second season. 

2021 is the earliest this band aid gets ripped off if it gets ripped off. And we know who that big fish is.

Just now, thebestever6 said:

We got our guy for 2020 no matter what... do you want me do do a comp on the drew lock thread with Jimmy Clausen so I can break it down for you better?

There's no Cam Newton in this Draft. Cincinnati and Miami are going qb before us. There is no qb worth gambling on before giving Lock a second season. 

2021 is the earliest this band aid gets ripped off if it gets ripped off. And we know who that big fish is.

Again, not "no matter what". That's not true. And no, that's not necessary. 

1 minute ago, BroncoBruin said:

Again, not "no matter what". That's not true. And no, that's not necessary. 

Unless Lock really shows something if/when he gets a shot this season, I think Burrow would be a terrific fit in this system.  Would take him in a heartbeat if available and Lock lays an egg.

1 minute ago, germ-x said:

Unless Lock really shows something if/when he gets a shot this season, I think Burrow would be a terrific fit in this system.  Would take him in a heartbeat if available and Lock lays an egg.

That's the toughest call he'd have to fall flat on his face which I just don't see. If that's the case trade down 3 picks ala San Francisco in 2017 and get the left tackle. If you could pick up a second or two thirds and still get a franchise left tackle mannnn that would be nice.

Just now, germ-x said:

Lock will have to really light it up for this team to not be taking a serious look at QBs for the third draft in a row. Doesn't mean they take anyone but I'm betting they'll be hosting at least a few guys for pre-draft meetings. 

Really, it's just good to take the deep dive on QBs every year, no matter what your QB situation is. If they're not your guy, they'll be someone else's and the players you focus on stopping in the future. Getting some background on all of them is just smart. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

That's the toughest call he'd have to fall flat on his face which I just don't see. If that's the case trade down 3 picks ala San Francisco in 2017 and get the left tackle. If you could pick up a second or two thirds and still get a franchise left tackle mannnn that would be nice.

He doesn't have to fall flat on his face, he can have a typical rookie stretch. The only thing that matters is if they like someone else more and have the means to get him. 

He doesn't have to fall flat on his face, he can have a typical rookie stretch. The only thing that matters is if they like someone else more and have the means to get him. 

Isn't Burrow a 5th year senior ? 

Lock in year 4 in the SEC had a great resume. I'm struggling to find someone with a better one who called flat on their face after 1 season.

2 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Isn't Burrow a 5th year senior ? 

Lock in year 4 in the SEC had a great resume. I'm struggling to find someone with a better one who called flat on their face after 1 season.

Yes. 

Meh. He lit up bad teams and got destroyed by good teams. He started four years which is nice. I don't think any of that stuff is really meaningful. Productive college players fail in the NFL all the time. 

Edited by BroncoBruin

7 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Really, it's just good to take the deep dive on QBs every year, no matter what your QB situation is. If they're not your guy, they'll be someone else's and the players you focus on stopping in the future. Getting some background on all of them is just smart. 

100% agree it's good for leverage so you know what the package in a trade down should be. Excellent point doesn't mean you nab the guy doesn't mean you don't. 

1 minute ago, BroncoBruin said:

Meh. He lit up bad teams and got destroyed by good teams. He started four years which is nice. I don't think any of that stuff is really meaningful. Productive college players fail in the NFL too. 

The only team he got "destroyed by," was Bama. Haskins got destroyed by a 4-3 Purdue.