2020 College Prospects

BroncoBruin

1 minute ago, BroncoBruin said:

the Kaepernick compensations), you think you can make 20 other assumptions of exactly how things will play out.

I mean is there a sign saying I can't do that in this forum serious question?

Do you think it's a coincidence trading for Flacco let us get great value with Drew at 42?

Or is that just a part of my 20 assumptions?

Just now, Counselor said:

What makes you think they draft a QB when they acquire Colin? 

I believe Dak was Kubiaks plan A and having Kaepernick rostered allows us to get him with great value in round 2 or 3.

Just a logical connection of the dots theory.

Chris Jones was our number one player that's in disputable. 

1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

I mean is there a sign saying I can't do that in this forum serious question?

Do you think it's a coincidence trading for Flacco let us get great value with Drew at 42?

Or is that just a part of my 20 assumptions?

Nobody's saying you literally CAN'T do these things. For the purposes of an argument, it's better to rely on the facts and if you're going to stray from that, not let it evolve to a chain of 10 things playing out exactly how you expect. 

That's not coincidence. That's not anything, really. 

• Like 1

Just now, thebestever6 said:

I believe Dak was Kubiaks plan A and having Kaepernick rostered allows us to get him with great value in round 2 or 3.

Just a logical connection of the dots theory.

Chris Jones was our number one player that's in disputable. 

And Elway could have just as easily still moved up for Lynch. Because if Dak was QB A why didn’t we get him? Oh because Elway was in charge? Guess what in this scenario Elway is still in charge. I don’t have the time to debate the what if’s. While fun it’s not in my priorities. Enjoy doing it with BroncoBruin though B|

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

And Elway could have just as easily still moved up for Lynch. Because if Dak was QB A why didn’t we get him? Oh because Elway was in charge? Guess what in this scenario Elway is still in charge.

With an established QB like Colin Kaepernick at the time he got to the Superbowl. QB becomes less of an immediate need. And you can let KC or Dallas who were banging on the table for Lynch make that Franchise killing decision. 

Just now, BroncoBruin said:

If they wanted Lynch, and they clearly did, Kaepernick was not going to change that, outside of affecting compensation which can be worked around. 

So you don't believe Kaepernick being rostered has us concede the trade up to Dallas or the Chiefs at all?

I think it does significantly. 

Just now, thebestever6 said:

So you don't believe Kaepernick being rostered has us concede the trade up to Dallas or the Chiefs at all?

I think it does significantly. 

They never viewed Lynch as ready to play in 2016. The "sign low level starter/draft the guy to take his job" offseason plan happens all the time. 

Just now, BroncoBruin said:

They never viewed Lynch as ready to play in 2016. The "sign low level starter/draft the guy to take his job" offseason plan happens all the time. 

100% true... but Kaepernick had a lot of star power before the pre season that year. You can sell him as a superbowl qb or at least playoff QB being in one 4 years prior just like we did with Flacco.

And at that point you don't trade up because Chris Jones is your BPA. And Elway looks like a genius instead of Jerry freaking Jones barf.