2020 College Prospects

BroncoBruin

Just now, thebestever6 said:

Ty Hilton was a 3rd rounder, Dionte Thomas for the Steelers 3rd rounder.  With a rookie qb you protect Lock by running the football. Emmanuel Sanders 3rd rounder lol.

Lindsay is an elite scat back, Freeman is a bruiser, we need a fine glue ala the 3 rbs highest on my radar.

I get it you want a RB but it won’t happen because if it does Elway will be gone even sooner.  You can’t sink more assets into a position like RB when you have legitimate NFL talents already at the position and glaring weaknesses at others. 

4 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

It's a more important position, and it's really not close at all. Every evaluator agrees with this. 

Context my friend for a young qb rb is always a more important position as well as an inline tight end with a high ceiling. 

You can find a niche wr in round 3 Sutton and Fant are the core of our weapons. 

Just now, thebestever6 said:

Context my friend for a young qb rb is always a more important position as well as an inline tight end with a high ceiling. 

You can find a niche wr in round 3 Sutton and Fant are the core of our weapons. 

For a young QB, having a good offensive line and good receivers to throw to are more important than sinking assets into running backs when you already have a good one. I find it really hard to believe you're serious with this line of thinking. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

I get it you want a RB but it won’t happen because if it does Elway will be gone even sooner.  You can’t sink more assets into a position like RB when you have legitimate NFL talents already at the position and glaring weaknesses at others. 

Rbs look like great picks the deeper you go into a season look at Josh Jacobs in Oakland he's stabilizing that offense. A blue chip rb to keep Royce and Lindsay fresh is the move. 

10 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Ty Hilton was a 3rd rounder, Dionte Thomas for the Steelers 3rd rounder.  With a rookie qb you protect Lock by running the football. Emmanuel Sanders 3rd rounder lol.

Lindsay is an elite scat back, Freeman is a bruiser, we need a fine glue ala the 3 rbs highest on my radar.

Dude you can list players at any position that were values in any round and any that were busts.  

It’s all about replacement value ie: the RB you get in that 3rd round like you’re advocating will most likely give us less over the Lindsay Freeman combo than a guy over Leary, Hamilton, or Yiadom would for example 

• Like 1

RB is literally the most disposable position around.   It's debatable to spend even a 2nd contract on a very-good-but-not-generational talent.     That's why you draft RB every 2nd year, even if you have really good talent there.  But you also don't spend premium picks if you have said talent, unless it's a special talent (and the thing is, special talents don't drop 35+ spots as the bankable evaluation) - it's leveraging the talent value that makes it a smart play.   Hitting Kareem Hunt Rd5, Alvin Kamara Rd3...but that calculus of the position of the pick matters.     Especially when it allows a team to address a more premium position with a player they can't get nearly the same value with later.  THAT is the hands-down, no-doubt argument on waiting for RB, even one as talented as this class.   The depth is why teams like us should wait - the value is insane.

It's not easy being the lone voice.  But there has to be a basis on which to take a stand.   In today's NFL, there just isn't one to argue a RB Rd2 when the talent pool is so deep.   You can get 75-80 percent of the same positional asset at RB Rd3-4 (vs. a 85+ percent RB Rd2) when you wait 1-2 rounds - as opposed to getting a guy who's likely no better than a 50-50 prospect in Rd3-4 at another position, vs. a 80-85 percent grade player at WR/ILB Rd2 (because if the top 2 ILB guys are gone, there's going to be a 80-85 percent grade WR there early Rd2, and certainly no elite 90+ guys at early Rd2 anywhere else).  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Rbs look like great picks the deeper you go into a season look at Josh Jacobs in Oakland he's stabilizing that offense. A blue chip rb to keep Royce and Lindsay fresh is the move. 

No it’s really not.  I’m glad you don’t have control over the front office because you seem to struggle discerning how current players and positional scarcity affect decisions in the draft 

• Like 1

Just now, broncofan48 said:

Dude you can list players at any position that were values in any round and any that were busts.  

It’s all about replacement value ie: the RB you get in that 3rd round like you’re advocating will most likely give us less over the Lindsay Freeman combo than a guy over Leary, Hamilton, or Yiadom would for example 

Replacement value within your team + positional value within a draft. Going RB in the 1st or 2nd earns an "F" grade on both counts. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Too protect our franchise qb and keep our elite scat back, and bruiser healthy. 

There's filet mignon of rbs in the second round and this fan base wants a mcdouble in the 4th?

Why not settle for a TY type prospect at wr in the 3rd and keep the rest of the rb stable healthy?

I'm glad we aren't raiders fans with the Jacob's pick. A blue chip rb is just as smart as a mlb with Lock on a rookie deal.

Haha.  I seriously can’t tell if you’re just BSing for the sake of conversation or legitimately are rallying for this.  I mean Eno Benjamin late round 3 or round 4 sounds so much better to me than any of these guys you’ve mentioned in the top 2 rounds.  As does Ke’shawn Vaughn.  Both have good size, can run between the tackles and catch the ball.  Watch them and tell me Denver needs to pick an RB in round 1 or 2.

• Like 1

Just now, broncofan48 said:

When you have a young qb behind center that you want to teach how to manage a game plan rb is critical. 

Don't the lions wish they had one before they signed Reggie Bush?