2020 College Prospects

BroncoBruin

3 hours ago, Counselor said:

Fromm has such poise in the pocket. He’s not busting. 

Yeah.  Fromm just seems to “get it” from a QB standpoint.  He does everything well against elite competition.  His physical measurables are all that hold him back from being a top 5 lock, if not #1 overall pick. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Yeah.  Fromm just seems to “get it” from a QB standpoint.  He does everything well against elite competition.  His physical measurables are all that hold him back from being a top 5 lock, if not #1 overall pick. 

If Daniel Jones can go 6th... Fromm certainly deserves to go that early

4 hours ago, French Fan said:

We can talk QB but the target for next draft is LB.

Fangio clearly want a top ILB this is a master piece of his schemes. 

Even with top 3 pick i can't see Denver taking a QB. They have Flacco with a 10m dead money and Rookie 2nd round Lock. They dont move one or another.

Eh, depending on where we end up, Denver is very likely going to look at QB. If they pick #3 overall and take a LB over QB because of Flacco dead money and a 2nd round pick, I would lose my mind. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

Eh, depending on where we end up, Denver is very likely going to look at QB. If they pick #3 overall and take a LB over QB because of Flacco dead money and a 2nd round pick, I would lose my mind. 

100% agree that's why I believe the second half of this season has to be an audition for 2020.

-Lock didn't look ready in preseason but he's got 8 weeks to get ready. With all the virtual reality type things, film, and the fact he's about to resume throwing he needs to be ready for an audition.  

Gotta think we hit the lines heavy next year. Oline has Bolles and Leary as potentially being cut with McGovern a free agent and no depth beyond that. Dline has the whole starting squad set for free agency. 

Ideally imo we get one of the top OT's coming out ( Andrew Thomas and Tristan Wirfs as the names I keep hearing. Any others worthy of a top 15 look? ). Then I would like to package our 2nd and 3rd to move up and get Tyler Biadasz, C and hopefully start actually building a decent line. 

This seems like a very deep draft though and we are really hurting for depth. We need to start picking up extra lottery tickets by having ~10 picks a draft and give ourselves opportunities to find gems and limit the impact of missing on a pick. If one of the O-lineman arent available early then I would be on board with moving down and trying to restock our depleted roster.

Other positions to look at: Corner, Safety (hoping we re-sign Simmons long term sooner rather than later), Linebacker, and WR as other potential spots to be looking at.

Edited by grizmo78

This team could potentially add three comp picks (a 6th from Barrett; a 7th from Garcia and a 7th from Brock) and two of them are pretty likely. Gives us a floor of 10 picks and guys like Harris being traded plus the 3rd comp panning out could put us in the 12-13 range. So they can bring in a guy at almost every position and double up in a few spots. OL, LB, CB and S would all make sense. 

Edited by BroncoBruin

4 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

This team could potentially add three comp picks (a 6th from Barrett; a 7th from Garcia and a 7th from Brock) and two of them are pretty likely. Gives us a floor of 10 picks and guys like Harris being traded plus the 3rd comp panning out could put us in the 12-13 range. So they can bring in a guy at almost every position and double up in a few spots. OL, LB, CB and S would all make sense. 

I read a 5th and two 7ths Billy turner was the 5th

23 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Except we signed James and Callahan to much bigger deals.  It’s the net effect that’s factored in. 

Ironically if James & Callahan don’t meet the threshold for games started (no idea what it is but Brock Osweiler getting benched cost us an end of 3rd), then their effect is negated.  But assuming they count we likely don’t get any picks.   Sucks but the comp formula takes into account both gains and losses.  Pro Bowls also count so Barrett would our big hope but we would still almost certainly need James or Callahan (or both) to miss enough time to not negate his “addition” to our comp pick side.

Edited by Broncofan

2 hours ago, grizmo78 said:

Gotta think we hit the lines heavy next year. Oline has Bolles and Leary as potentially being cut with McGovern a free agent and no depth beyond that. Dline has the whole starting squad set for free agency. 

Ideally imo we get one of the top OT's coming out ( Andrew Thomas and Tristan Wirfs as the names I keep hearing. Any others worthy of a top 15 look? ). Then I would like to package our 2nd and 3rd to move up and get Tyler Biadasz, C and hopefully start actually building a decent line. 

This seems like a very deep draft though and we are really hurting for depth. We need to start picking up extra lottery tickets by having ~10 picks a draft and give ourselves opportunities to find gems and limit the impact of missing on a pick. If one of the O-lineman arent available early then I would be on board with moving down and trying to restock our depleted roster.

Other positions to look at: Corner, Safety (hoping we re-sign Simmons long term sooner rather than later), Linebacker, and WR as other potential spots to be looking at.

Very practical approach. I like it.

2 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Except we signed James and Callahan to much bigger deals.  It’s the net effect that’s factored in. 

Ironically if James & Callahan don’t meet the threshold for games started (no idea what it is but Brock Osweiler getting benched cost us an end of 3rd), then their effect is negated.  But assuming they count we likely don’t get any picks.   Sucks but the comp formula takes into account both gains and losses.  Pro Bowls also count so Barrett would our big hope but we would still almost certainly need James or Callahan (or both) to miss enough time to not negate his “addition” to our comp pick side.

The net effect is factored in. It's a 6th, 7th and maybe another 7th.