2020 College Prospects

BroncoBruin

Just now, thebestever6 said:

When you have a young qb behind center that you want to teach how to manage a game plan rb is critical. 

Don't the lions wish they had one before they signed Reggie Bush?

Good thing we have 2 RBs then isn’t it.  There’s only 30ish carries to go around.  Spend a 2nd day pick on a guy who will see what 40% of the RB touches?  Or do you wanna cut Freeman (a3rd rounder as well) or Lindsay?  I honestly can’t believe you seriously think this

1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

When you have a young qb behind center that you want to teach how to manage a game plan rb is critical. 

Don't the lions wish they had one before they signed Reggie Bush?

RB is critical and we have 2 good ones that are on cheap deals and under 25 years old.  It’s not like we are bare at the position.  We could use a 3rd, yes, but we don’t need to spend a premium pick to get him with all the other positions of far greater need.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

Good thing we have 2 RBs then isn’t it.  There’s only 30ish carries to go around.  Spend a 2nd day pick on a guy who will see what 40% of the RB touches?  Or do you wanna cut Freeman (a3rd rounder as well) or Lindsay?  I honestly can’t believe you seriously think this

Keeping guys fresh for a second contract seems reasonable especially if there's blue chip Talent to be had then you rotate that talent after 4 years.

3 minutes ago, germ-x said:

We could use a 3rd, yes, but we don’t need to spend a premium pick to get him with all the other positions of far greater need.

I'm a BPA kinda guy if I can get a Leveon Bell to pair with Lindsay and Freeman and make Locks job that Much easier why not? 

Keep in mind our picks can change by then

Agreed with everything but wr I think Sutton is our ace there we just need a burner.

It is significantly harder to find true speed mismatches at receiver who aren't just one trick ponies than it is to find productive running backs, who you can pull off the street. 

5 minutes ago, germ-x said:

RB is critical and we have 2 good ones that are on cheap deals and under 25 years old.  It’s not like we are bare at the position.  We could use a 3rd, yes, but we don’t need to spend a premium pick to get him with all the other positions of far greater need.

I think this is a playoff team next year so a fresh staple of dangerous rbs seem better to me in January then a better wr than a TY Hilton 

1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

I'm a BPA kinda guy if I can get a Leveon Bell to pair with Lindsay and Freeman and make Locks job that Much easier why not? 

You think getting another RB who sees the field 30% of the time moves the needle more than an offensive lineman who will be blocking for Lock 100% of the time?

If the answer yes, you've gone completely off the deep end. 

Say You could guarantee that whatever position you choose in the 2nd and/or 3rd would be an elite talent, meaning you want them on the field as much as possible.  

Would you rather that player take snaps and touches away from Royce and Phillip or from Ronald Leary, McGovern, Yiadom, Jewell/Davis, etc?

Just now, BroncoBruin said:

You think getting another RB who sees the field 30% of the time moves the needle more than an offensive lineman who will be blocking for Lock 100% of the time?

Nooooo I'm strictly comparing the move to a round 2 wr stop taking what I say out of context.

I also think an elite in line te is more valuable than a wr with a rookie qb

1 minute ago, broncofan48 said:

Would you rather that player take snaps and touches away from Royce and Phillip or from Ronald Leary, McGovern, Yiadom, Jewell/Davis, etc?

With a qb on his rookie deal I value elite ceiling in line te, Elite ceiling RB over number 2 wr Idk why you think I'm cheapening other positions. 

Edited by thebestever6

With a qb on his rookie deal I value elite ceiling in line te, Elite ceiling RB over number 2 we Idk why you think I'm cheapening other positions. 

Because you’re saying we need another RB in that 2nd 3rd round range.  Which would take away from other positions.  Do you really not get that?