2020 College Prospects

BroncoBruin

Just a guess, but I think Connor will chase the money, 1 of the 2 of Morris and Schlottman will be our starting center next year, and the other may very well be our RG. If not and we draft a top notch RG, either of the two guys would be very good IOL backups.

I would take that bet. I dont think Morris is on the roster and Schlottman will be a training camp decision. I think there is about as good a chance that we draft a kicker round 1 than both end up starters next season. 

I do think that McGovern is best suited for RG, especially like that idea because drafting a plug-and-play OC is relatively easy. I would love Cushenberry in R2 and then a developmental OT in R4. I just dont think the coaching staff moves Connor back to OG, even if its the best decision. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

I would take that bet. I dont think Morris is on the roster and Schlottman will be a training camp decision. I think there is about as good a chance that we draft a kicker round 1 than both end up starters next season. 

I do think that McGovern is best suited for RG, especially like that idea because drafting a plug-and-play OC is relatively easy. I would love Cushenberry in R2 and then a developmental OT in R4. I just dont think the coaching staff moves Connor back to OG, even if its the best decision. 

maybe you're right, who knows. I'm always an optimist this time of year and looking at our present roster with a positive spin. Here's what we've got right now.

Bolles, Risner and James are definite starters. Wilkinson is an absolute disaster as our backup RT.

Schlottman was active all 16 games and started 4 at RG and played fairly well. He looked pretty good when lined up next to James, less so when Wilkinson and Rodgers were at RT. 

We've got Jake Rodgers as a backup RT but he couldn't supplant Wilkinson, nuff said.

We need 7-8 guys and looks to me like we've only got 4 including Schlottman. Munchak seems to be a fan of Morris and Morris seems to have the most talent of our remaining OL group.

So, IMO our expanded core group going into 2020 is Bolles, Risner, Morris, Schlottman and James. Like I say, thats what we've got. Now we've got 5 and still 3 shy. We've still got a ways to go. FA and the draft will tell us what the staff thinks of our OL talent. Right now all of us are just guessing. I just like guessing on the positive side.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, germ-x said:

Denver doesn’t need too and shouldn’t spend on a RB this high, but Edwards-Helaire is one of my favorite players in this draft.  I hope he doesn’t go to KC.  

Edwards-Helaire would be an excellent addition to this offense. If speed is what we're after, why not take him?

2 hours ago, broncos67 said:

Edwards-Helaire would be an excellent addition to this offense. If speed is what we're after, why not take him?

I would be thrilled to have him as I said he’s one of my favorite players in this draft.  However, stepping back and taking how much I like him out of the equation, I don’t know that Denver should be spending a top 50 pick on him with Lindsay/Freeman on the roster for 2 more years.  This team has bigger needs that can be addressed at #46 than RB, even with how much I like Edwards-Helaire.

1 hour ago, germ-x said:

I would be thrilled to have him as I said he’s one of my favorite players in this draft.  However, stepping back and taking how much I like him out of the equation, I don’t know that Denver should be spending a top 50 pick on him with Lindsay/Freeman on the roster for 2 more years.  This team has bigger needs that can be addressed at #46 than RB, even with how much I like Edwards-Helaire.

So you think Edwards-Helaire is a 2nd round pick ??  I can see him being a 3rd or even 4th round pick.

10 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

So you think Edwards-Helaire is a 2nd round pick ??  I can see him being a 3rd or even 4th round pick.

I definitely can.  Some of that will depend on his 40 as I don’t think he has the homerun hitting speed as some others, but if he runs 4.60 or under it won’t raise any red flags.  He’s the best receiving back in this draft and maybe the best receiving back to come out in years, which also makes him a very safe pick with that attribute in today’s NFL.  He has excellent vision and make you miss ability in small spaces to pick up extra yards.

I don’t know that he’s ever a 1200+ yard rusher, but I think he’s capable of putting up 1200-1500 all purpose yards if a team uses him correctly.  

16 hours ago, AKRNA said:

Has anyone watched Mekhi Becton? 

Usually I don't pay any attention to someone that size (6'7" 370lbs) but he seems to break the mold, kinda like Nelson as a 340 lb OG. 

I asked this same question and no one had any response. Everything I read is he has dominated at Louisville but I haven’t seen him play.

5 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

I have seen a couple of his games (and was impressed btw) but can't say I'm an expert. However I've seen a lot of RB's fall in the draft, their NFL-lifespan usually allows them to drop a round or two 

He run with unbelievable power(watch the Bama game) but I don’t think he’s a bell cow type back.  I love his game but unless he falls to late 3/4 rounds we have too many holes to fill than take a 3rd down running back. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, IronJ said:

I asked this same question and no one had any response. Everything I read is he has dominated at Louisville but I haven’t seen him play.

Yeah, usually guys that size are just a novelty. Great in college but just too slow and plodding to play in the NFL.

Every analysis I read of his game sounds like they're talking about a guy 50 lbs lighter as far as movement and agility. I'd really like a bit of first hand input.