Patriots place LT Isaiah Wynn on IR (To miss at least 8 weeks)

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, Nex_Gen said:

Two major foot injuries before he could start off his career. It's not looking good for him long term...

turf toe is a major injury? He is only going on IR because they need the roster spot.  With two olinman down, you can keep somebody on the roster for 4 weeks and not have him play. 

10 hours ago, August4th said:

feels like injuries are pilling up around the league and its only been 2 weeks into the regular season

Love to know the Stats if someone can find them of Todays players getting injured (Soft tissue, major ,ect) first month of the season compared to those from say 25-30 years ago?

Back when players actually Practiced! Had two a days, tackling to the ground was the norm, players participated in all 4 Pre season games in some fashion or another.

Those who don't believe these current players aren't suffering the effects of doing None of that are fooling themselves IMO.

Cause and Effect!

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Love to know the Stats if someone can find them of Todays players getting injured (Soft tissue, major ,ect) first month of the season compared to those from say 25-30 years ago?

Back when players actually Practiced! Had two a days, tackling to the ground was the norm, players participated in all 4 Pre season games in some fashion or another.

Those who don't believe these current players aren't suffering the effects of doing None of that are fooling themselves IMO.

Cause and Effect!

I’d be interested in those too. 

One thing you’d have to consider though, is that guys (and teams) back then probably didn’t report or complain about things that guys do now. Especially with something like turf toe, which is less debilitating than an injury like a torn ACL or something. I imagine sore or strained hamstrings aren’t met with the same level of care that they are today...

28 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:
2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Cause and Effect!

I’d be interested in those too. 

One thing you’d have to consider though, is that guys (and teams) back then probably didn’t report or complain about things that guys do now. Especially with something like turf toe, which is less debilitating than an injury like a torn ACL or something. I imagine sore or strained hamstrings aren’t met with the same level of care that they are today...

While that could very well be true especially with advancements in Medicine , I still believe players bodies were better prepared for the Riggers of a NFL Game/Season because they actually worked their A$$es off for 2 months (Real Physical Practices) rather then playing around in shells, shorts and two hand touch for 4.

Old school players literally tackled to the ground more in 3 days worth of TC then the entirety of todays players are allowed to do in 3 months? Played almost as much in 1 Preseason game (1QT) then most Starters do through 3 games? It will be hard to convince me theres not a correlation between the two.

Edited by Nabbs4u

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

While that could very well be true especially with advancements in Medicine , I still believe players bodies were better prepared for the Riggers of a NFL Game/Season because they actually worked their A$$es off for 2 months (Real Practices) rather then playing around in shells, shorts and two hand touch for 4.

Old school players literally tackled to the ground more in 3 days worth of TC then the entirety of todays players are allowed to do in 3 months? Played almost as much in 1 Preseason game (1QT) then most Starters do through 3 games? It will be hard to convince me theres not a correlation between the two.

Not disagreeing with you there, just my belief that even if we had those numbers - they wouldn’t be accurate. I think the old timers played through and toughed out a lot more injuries than guys do today.

You’d think an organization worth billions like the NFL would be able to do some research in this field to find the correlation/causation between more physical or frequent practices and injury.

• Like 1