Patriots place LT Isaiah Wynn on IR (To miss at least 8 weeks)

RaidersAreOne

I think the not enough hitting/practice plays a big part of it. Also consider the amount of money they make also creates more business decisions. If you’re getting millions per season and get hurt but could play through it, it’s a smart/good business decision to rest it longer so it doesn’t take years off your career. 

In high school we had Summer 2 a days with block and tackle. Being the new guy I was picked to go head up against the biggest guy to see if I’d quit. I didn’t and I didn’t get hurt and gained respect. Once the season came I was in the best shape of my life up to that time. Broke a finger on a kickoff but taped it up and was good to go. I learn the are you hurt or are you injured mindset. I was a nobody but I enjoyed the game and wanted to be out there. I was a corner and the me against the other guy (WR) but while being a part of the team (defense and whole team) is a feeling I’ve not had in any other venture in life. 

NFL is a business first, entertainment second and a sport third. It’s why the NFL is getting soft and 5,000 passing yards as the norm. The business of not getting sued for CTE, the high output offenses of entertainment and still rooted from the sport of football. If it gets like wrestling where we know the winners/losers before the game the it effects the odds of gambling and that’s a HUGE business that is allowed now. 

PS I barely watched preseason and haven’t seen a game this year on Monday or Thursday night. On Sunday I have the games on the tv but mostly I’m focused on my computer. TV has games I’m not interested in and I canceled season ticket a few years ago when the NFL became the business more than sport. Yet I was a guy who wouldn’t work Sundays because that was my day to enjoy the games. It’s changed and soon it won’t even be on the background of my tv. If there’s a strike I doubt I’ll watch the product when it comes back because it’s so saturated already. They won’t miss me but I also won’t miss them. A win win lol

2 hours ago, G said:

I think the not enough hitting/practice plays a big part of it. Also consider the amount of money they make also creates more business decisions. If you’re getting millions per season and get hurt but could play through it, it’s a smart/good business decision to rest it longer so it doesn’t take years off your career. 

In high school we had Summer 2 a days with block and tackle. Being the new guy I was picked to go head up against the biggest guy to see if I’d quit. I didn’t and I didn’t get hurt and gained respect. Once the season came I was in the best shape of my life up to that time. Broke a finger on a kickoff but taped it up and was good to go. I learn the are you hurt or are you injured mindset. I was a nobody but I enjoyed the game and wanted to be out there. I was a corner and the me against the other guy (WR) but while being a part of the team (defense and whole team) is a feeling I’ve not had in any other venture in life. 

NFL is a business first, entertainment second and a sport third. It’s why the NFL is getting soft and 5,000 passing yards as the norm. The business of not getting sued for CTE, the high output offenses of entertainment and still rooted from the sport of football. If it gets like wrestling where we know the winners/losers before the game the it effects the odds of gambling and that’s a HUGE business that is allowed now. 

PS I barely watched preseason and haven’t seen a game this year on Monday or Thursday night. On Sunday I have the games on the tv but mostly I’m focused on my computer. TV has games I’m not interested in and I canceled season ticket a few years ago when the NFL became the business more than sport. Yet I was a guy who wouldn’t work Sundays because that was my day to enjoy the games. It’s changed and soon it won’t even be on the background of my tv. If there’s a strike I doubt I’ll watch the product when it comes back because it’s so saturated already. They won’t miss me but I also won’t miss them. A win win lol

Who is/was your team?

3 hours ago, G said:

Idk why you're still on these forums when it's obvious you don't care about football lmao. Stop wasting your time and enjoy a hobby you actually care about. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, nextsuperstar1 said:

Two injuries in two years is unfortunate. Nevertheless, he did not have injury problems in college, accordingly it’s probably too early to call him injury prone or soft. 

The positive news for him is that these weren't non contact injuries and that he probably would not have been on IR if the Patriots had better depth on the OL but they need the roster spot now.

4 hours ago, SBLIII said:

The positive news for him is that these weren't non contact injuries and that he probably would not have been on IR if the Patriots had better depth on the OL but they need the roster spot now.

The depth at tackle was pretty glaring this year versus past seasons when Waddle and/or Flemming was at the swing tackle spot, and Cannon before them. The retirement of Veldheer et al. Seemed to catch them flatfooted.