The Lions Release CJ Anderson

Just Want A Title

1 hour ago, detroitroar said:

Ty has clearly been better

Not much to add honestly. Agnew should prolly be next. Lions need to look for a better option at KR.

Not sure what Paul Perkins can bring to the table. Looks to be his replacement. Also brought in Jeff Driskel as our back up QB. He's better than anyone we've signed previously so, not a bad move there imo. Nothing earth shaking and we're in a bit of trouble if he comes in but he'll give the Lions a punchers chance vs guys like Josh Johnson, etc. 

https://lionswire.usatoday.com/2019/09/17/jeff-driskel-scouting-report-detroit-lions-backup-qb/

https://lionswire.usatoday.com/2019/09/17/the-lions-have-claimed-rb-paul-perkins-and-released-c-j-anderson/

Edited by SimbaWho
  • Like 1

I hated the signing. I'm surprised they cut bait this soon, but I'm happy they did; way to go Quinn. The run blocking hasn't been good at all through the first two games, but Kerryon and Ty have been running with purpose at least while CJ danced like he's Theo Riddick. Little to no room? Put your head down and push the pile for a yard or two with that big body. I would rather have held onto Zenner and gave him some of the touches they wasted on CJ, but I think a duo of the Johnson's could be pretty productive. I just fear for Kerryon's durability.

1 hour ago, detroitroar said:

CJ was looking like Blount 2.0. 

Yeah, this was my thought on Sunday as well. He came in out of shape and I know he made efforts to get things right. He probably will sign with some team and be more effective down the stretch. However, he wasn't very effective here. I appreciate that Quinn chose to make the move quickly rather than hold onto him. I just hope KJ doesn't go down with an injury any time soon.

4 minutes ago, cp0k2 said:

And after I give Quinn props for getting rid of CJ so quickly, he goes and signs a former Patriots RB Nick Brossette to the practice squad. Stop with the former Pats, man.

It's the PS. He'll be signed today, dropped in a couple days and then re-signed again. Not something I'd be too worried about.