{Poll} Should We Trade for Jalen Ramsey?

Mind Character

Should We Trade for Jalen Ramsey?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Should We Trade for Jalen Ramsey?

2. 2. If We Do Trade for Him, What's Acceptable to Give Up?

• No 1st rounder; 2nd and 3rd rounders only or similar compensation
    • One 1st rounder, he's a special player.
    • A 1st and 3rd, he's a special player
    • Two 1st Rounders. What 2 picks in the Draft could we Get that's Better than Jalen Ramsey? He's a pro-bowl, all-pro, all-world athlete who loves the game and he's young. It gives us a true 1. I believe in Denzel and Greedy looks good but you just can't pass up an opportunity like this. The Draft picks we'll have will be lower in the 1st anyway.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    • Nothing. Don't Trade for him. We have Denzel and Greedy on rookie contracts. We can use our picks on other needs. Plus he's a big personality. Plus we'd have to pay him big money.

Jalen Ramsey has Hall of Fame worthy ability. No matter what bad wrap he gets for being vocal or being a big personality, he LOVES the game. He loves to compete and is a maturing young adult that teammates love.

Part of me thinks: " Denzel and Greedy could be it already and we have Money Mitch, we need to use our picks on OLineman for Baker even if we can't get good OLineman where we pick later in rounds we at least need to keep the draft capital to try."

The Other Prevailing part of me and thought is: We know what Jalen Ramsey is and when we look back at what we get for even 2 of our next 1st round picks it's not likely no matter how good Dorsey is that those 2 players would amount to the impact and ability of Jalen Ramsey. Denzel is a concussion away from having career concussion concerns. He's an amazing young player but we just don't know how long his smaller frame will last or really even if he continues on this upward trajectory. Greedy Williams looks promising, but Jalen Ramsey is on a different level as a ball-hawk and especially as forceful CB in the run. I love Money Mitch as well. BUT Trade 2 1st round picks for Ramsey and don't think twice about it.

------------

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

we cant afford him. 

We need olinmen. 

Id rather of got Minkah for a 1st than Ramsey for 2. 

Interesting comparing those two options.

We definitely need Tackles and OLineman.

We can still afford a Jalen Ramsey contract that would be essentially 2 years of guarantees. It would probably mean that we would have to choose between Demarious Randall plus Greg Robinson resinged in the offseason and Ramsey. 

It's easier to find a FS and I think we could find a better LT than Robinson. 

The issue as we all see it is that you don't get starting LTs or really RTs of worth in Free Agency as teams don't let them leave the building. They let Guards move on but not Tackles. The tackles that do and sign big contracts flop consistently. AND it's so difficult to find a LT/RT in the draft without a 1st rounder.

It's not an easy decision. If Dorsey and co. see this OLine draft as having mid round gems or 2nd round gems it would make the decision easier.

Edited by Mind Character

1 minute ago, Mind Character said:

Interesting comparing those two options.

We definitely need Tackles and OLineman.

We can still afford a Jalen Ramsey contract that would be essentially 2 years of guarantees. It would probably mean that we would have to choose between Demarious Randall plus Greg Robinson resinged in the offseason and Ramsey. 

It's easier to find a FS and I think we could find a better LT than Robinson. 

The issue as we all see it is that you don't get starting LTs or really RTs of worth in Free Agency as teams don't let them leave the building. They let Guards move on but not Tackles. The tackles that do and sign big contracts flop consistently. AND it's so difficult to find a LT/RT in the draft without a 1st rounder.

It's not an easy decision. If Dorsey and co. see this OLine draft as having mid round gems or 2nd round gems it would make the decision easier.

Im happy to let Randall walk, if he gets paid, he will talk more trash and take more games of with injury. 

Also with the senn game he was a non impact player. 
We have seen how bad i can be when the tackles are playing poorly. 

Dorsey has had too much faith in Greg Robinson, we have to replace him. 

My theory when it comes to finding players for the NFL is that it is easier to find small guys who can run fast and play football, than it is to find behemoths that can move well, most people are under 6'2", there is an abundance of ok skill players, but a shortage of big guys who an play oline, in a pass happy league the game still starts up front. 

• Like 2