GDT 9/22/19 Week 3: 2-0 Baltimore Ravens vs 2-0 Kansas City Chiefs

DreamKid

1 hour ago, M.10.E said:

Chris Jones worries me vs Bozeman/Skura.

Yeah this will also be another key matchup. It’ll be good to know exactly what we’re working with in terms of Bozeman. He’s looked pretty good so far. Our line held up well enough against the rookie Wilkins of Miami, but Jones is the more advanced version.

2 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Yeah this will also be another key matchup. It’ll be good to know exactly what we’re working with in terms of Bozeman. He’s looked pretty good so far. Our line held up well enough against the rookie Wilkins of Miami, but Jones is the more advanced version.

Also something to note, Suggs didn't have a single pressure/sack/QB hit against us and I don't think Chandler Jones did much either. I hope we can replicate that against Frank Clark, but Chris Jones does worry me against Bozeman in particular after seeing what Corey Peters did to him on that one play.

On the whole though, I don't think KC's defense can keep up with us and I think if anyone can capitalize on Mahomes' ability to take extreme risks with the football because of his natural talent, it's Earl Thomas. Our pass rush needs to stay disciplined and so do our blitzes. Don't let Mahomes break the pocket and do his thing.

I wonder if Wink will chill with all the extra and just let Earl do Earl this Sunday. I mean I'm sure TJ in single high with Thomas around the LOS is "confusing" for Mahomes, but in another much more real sense- it seems like a waste of Earl Thomas' HOF talent. Let him roam the deep middle and stop Mahomes' game to the best of his abilities. 

I find it difficult to believe these QB's get so confused by seeing a free safety go down and cover the crosser/the curl/the flat and the strong safety running down covering deep middle.

In the end it is just "hats" who goes to certain on the field. Deception might work with a player moving into/out of the box to make the QB change the play from pass to run og vice versa.

With Mahomes ability to change plays, after 1-2 seconds this deception idea is gone, and he will instead have Tony Jefferson covering deep trying to make plays on the ball.

Long story short, I agree that we should let Earl play single high and do his thing. Then we have 10 guys on defense who can play the deception game. Have Canady in the slot and Marlon on the outside and then let Marlon blitz and drop Canady back in zone. I believe we have good blitzers in Levine, Carr and Humphrey.

• Like 1

The offense we have shown so far is close to/if not the same I expected. More throwing, less of Lamar running and less downhill running and more spread formations.

That innovative offense the league have never seen before though, I haven't seen that. I wonder how much of it was just smoke, or if they have a lot of creative packages hidden away to be brought up later. I wonder if the Chiefs game if it is close down the end is where we will unload the creative stuff, or if we keep it for the crucial division games.

4 hours ago, Danand said:

The offense we have shown so far is close to/if not the same I expected. More throwing, less of Lamar running and less downhill running and more spread formations.

That innovative offense the league have never seen before though, I haven't seen that. I wonder how much of it was just smoke, or if they have a lot of creative packages hidden away to be brought up later. I wonder if the Chiefs game if it is close down the end is where we will unload the creative stuff, or if we keep it for the crucial division games.

Well it’s “that the NFL has never seen” is the part that I think we need to hold onto. We’ve seen multi-TE looks with the Gronk/Hernandez Patriots. We’ve seen spread concepts. We’ve seen some RPOs with Cam Newton.

But I dare say we’ve never seen all of these concepts together. What’s more, when was the last time watching a game that you’ve seen (besides with us) the FB going in jet motion, I can’t say I’ve ever seen that before.

Then throw in Lamar’s speed inside this kind of offense and the “revolutionary” portion of this might be that this is the future of the NFL. Could it be easier to generate an elite offense with a great athlete with a good arm then it is to generate an elite offense by finding a QB with elite arm talent and an elite cerebral capacity.

Teams struggling to build an offense may decide to go “our” route and therefore create a “revolution” of sorts within the NFL.

Anyone else loving the way Lamar is carrying himself this week in regards to how he's answering questions about the hype surrounding this game? The kids coming off like a natural leader. I always wondered if he could command a team and really be the soul leader. He's surprised me in a lot of ways. 

He's maturing before our eyes and I'm loving it. 

• Like 2