Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Chiefer

Jalen Ramsey

Recommended Posts

A lot of chatter that were trading for him, jettisoning another first round pick.

Could all just be speculation but if it's true thats a game changer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the only guy I trust here is Terez ... And he's on record that the Chiefs are not interested. Btw: The asking price I heard its TWO first round picks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, KC_Guy said:

the only guy I trust here is Terez ... And he's on record that the Chiefs are not interested. Btw: The asking price I heard its TWO first round picks

Well you always ask for more in a trade, than the two sides work towards a compromise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems as though all these CB, that are suddenly now available because they are pissed with their current team, come with wayyyyy too much diva baggage.  Their past actions gives you a peek into what they will probably bring to a new locker room.  Do we want/need that????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, jimmydee said:

Seems as though all these CB, that are suddenly now available because they are pissed with their current team, come with wayyyyy too much diva baggage.  Their past actions gives you a peek into what they will probably bring to a new locker room.  Do we want/need that????

I would say yes just looking at how good this years Patriots team is. Also our locker room has never been stronger, i feel like that's when you take a chance on a guy like Ramsey. Hill and the Honeybadger both tweeted come on over to him yesterday, seems like the guys on the team want the move. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, graves1907 said:

I would say yes just looking at how good this years Patriots team is. Also our locker room has never been stronger, i feel like that's when you take a chance on a guy like Ramsey. Hill and the Honeybadger both tweeted come on over to him yesterday, seems like the guys on the team want the move. 

My biggest concern would be how he is used?   He's all about his reputation,  he isn't going to want to come here to play zone.   That's bad on his reputation and being a lock down man corner.      I also don't really want to pay C. Jones and F. Clark locked up at 20+ mil along the DL,   but if I had to choose between paying Ramsey and Jones after this season... for Spags scheme I'm not paying a CB top dollar.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, samsel23 said:

My biggest concern would be how he is used?   He's all about his reputation,  he isn't going to want to come here to play zone.   That's bad on his reputation and being a lock down man corner.      I also don't really want to pay C. Jones and F. Clark locked up at 20+ mil along the DL,   but if I had to choose between paying Ramsey and Jones after this season... for Spags scheme I'm not paying a CB top dollar.   

Have him follow the best receiver, and build your D around that.

Bashaud sould be a capable number2. With Ward Claiborne and Fuller rounding out the rest.

Its tricky but do able. All are vets who  should be able to handle the different coverages necessary for that too work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, samsel23 said:

My biggest concern would be how he is used?   He's all about his reputation,  he isn't going to want to come here to play zone.   That's bad on his reputation and being a lock down man corner.      I also don't really want to pay C. Jones and F. Clark locked up at 20+ mil along the DL,   but if I had to choose between paying Ramsey and Jones after this season... for Spags scheme I'm not paying a CB top dollar.   

I can't imagine that would be a problem. The Jags have basically been running Gus Bradley's defensive scheme for years. Bradley and Wash (their DC over the past few years) are both from that Seattle coaching tree that runs a lot of cover 3 mixed in with cover 1 man. Ramsey has played plenty of zone there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not as nuanced as some of y’all. If it’s Jones vs. Ramsey who is more vital in a Spags defense from purely positional stand point? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mizter_Clean10 said:

I’m not as nuanced as some of y’all. If it’s Jones vs. Ramsey who is more vital in a Spags defense from purely positional stand point? 

Spags great defense in NY had a ton of talented Dlineman so I'd have to go with CJ.

 

It's tough cuz we just need the one main outside guy, maybe Claiborne can run that idk. Not that Ramsey wouldn't help tremendously but all we need is to not be bad and we can skate on through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Spags great defense in NY had a ton of talented Dlineman so I'd have to go with CJ.

 

It's tough cuz we just need the one main outside guy, maybe Claiborne can run that idk. Not that Ramsey wouldn't help tremendously but all we need is to not be bad and we can skate on through.

He had good corner back play too. Aaron Ross and Corey Webster weren't exactly slouches. 

That DL was stacked though. Kiwanuka, Strahan, Tuck, Osi, Cofield, etc. Hard to replicate though, collecting that much DL talent takes time.

 

Edited by Chiefer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2019 at 9:26 PM, Mizter_Clean10 said:

I’m not as nuanced as some of y’all. If it’s Jones vs. Ramsey who is more vital in a Spags defense from purely positional stand point? 

Jones, easily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2019 at 1:21 AM, Jakuvious said:

Jones, easily.

+1

This is a DL oriented system. Safeties may be as important as CB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the Chiefs were serious about aquiring Ramsey, the Baltimore game may have cut into the urgency. For one they produced a ton of pressure up front, for two the coverage was pretty good most of the time. How often was Jackson scrambling around 15 yards behind the Los being chased by #90 or #92, not knowing where to go with the ball.

Furthermore the Chiefs will finally get Clayborne back, which should provide some additional help as well. 

They may revisit the issue of injuries strike, but for now I think the chase it's off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

10 hours ago, KC_Guy said:

If the Chiefs were serious about aquiring Ramsey, the Baltimore game may have cut into the urgency. For one they produced a ton of pressure up front, for two the coverage was pretty good most of the time. How often was Jackson scrambling around 15 yards behind the Los being chased by #90 or #92, not knowing where to go with the ball.

Furthermore the Chiefs will finally get Clayborne back, which should provide some additional help as well. 

They may revisit the issue of injuries strike, but for now I think the chase it's off.

+1

Ogbah has been the best acquisition of the off season and one of the cheapest. TK has been far more effective inside than at DE.

If Clark kicks it up a notch, we will have some serious pressure. 

J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×