Week 3: Jets vs Pats

Bobby816

14 minutes ago, Sandwhich2 said:

I mean not handy but I've seen him do more athletic stuff before. It just seems like he doesn't have a pop right now. 

The guys had 17 sacks in 63 games. So the "right now" doesn't sit well with me. He really has never had pop since he was drafted.

15 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

The guys had 17 sacks in 63 games. So the "right now" doesn't sit well with me. He really has never had pop since he was drafted.

Okay.

I'm just letting you know what I see. I get that he hasn't been a dominant sack guy but he's been better in the past than he is currently. Something's up, in my opinion.

17 minutes ago, Sandwhich2 said:

Okay.

I'm just letting you know what I see. I get that he hasn't been a dominant sack guy but he's been better in the past than he is currently. Something's up, in my opinion.

Even when his sacks were low he was great at stopping the run and at least pressuring the QB.  Right now I don't see either.

Time to move on and trade him.  We aren't paying him 10M+ so let's just let the young guys (Q, Phillips, Fatukasi, etc) take his snaps so we can get a pick this year and not have to worry about comp picks.

Even if the guy goes back to being a great run stopper he'll never be worth the money so it's time to cut bait.