Week 3 GDT - Pittsburgh Steelers at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

38 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Shanahan either is protecting Verrett here or plans to play him some in the slot this year. Making him inactive is the right decision when he doesn't contribute on STs unlike Moseley/Reed. 

Completely agreed. Especially when Moseley/Reed have each made big special teams plays.

38 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Completely agreed. Especially when Moseley/Reed have each made big special teams plays.

Now, if they plan on using him in the slot some? That would be interesting! Though I would think they may elect to activate Ward instead since he would play safety if one of our starters were to get hurt? 

35 minutes ago, Aussie9er said:

Such a great start to season i am going to call in sick so i can watch the game live. 

Any suggestions to what fake sickness i can have ? 

Michaelitis. 

One day when my best friend and I were young, one of the neighborhood kids - Michael - wanted to join us. We told him we couldn't, because we had Michaelitis and it caused us to be sick when we were around kids named Michael. 

He was disappointed, but ultimately understanding. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aussie9er said:

Such a great start to season i am going to call in sick so i can watch the game live. 

Any suggestions to what fake sickness i can have ? 

Advise them that you have contracted a severe case of dendrophobia and you're afraid to be outside with the trees, even to get to your car. 

Gamepass with the coaches film is so good. Definitely a huge recommend for those that can shell out a $100 bucks.

Was paying attention to the OL, and man is McGlinchey GOOD. This guy could move in space and mauls defenders at times. And then his pass protection for the most part has been very good minus a bad rep or two. No reason for this guy not to get Pro Bowl love this year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Gamepass with the coaches film is so good. Definitely a huge recommend for those that can shell out a $100 bucks.

Was paying attention to the OL, and man is McGlinchey GOOD. This guy could move in space and mauls defenders at times. And then his pass protection for the most part has been very good minus a bad rep or two. No reason for this guy not to get Pro Bowl love this year. 

And if funds are too tight to allow the upfront price, they do let you stretch it, for a price. Just 4 installments of $29.99! :D

Seriously, this is my 1st year of it and I don't know why I haven't tried it sooner! LOVE it. My wife will watch the condensed games with me! :x

• Like 1

Just now, Chrissooner49er said:

And if funds are too tight to allow the upfront price, they do let you stretch it, for a price. Just 4 installments of $29.99! :D

Seriously, this is my 1st year of it and I don't know why I haven't tried it sooner! LOVE it. My wife will watch the condensed games with me! :x

Ha! Yeah, works out great for you. Now, do you stream the games live or just wait until they are up on gamepass? 

So I know a lot of people are talking about Armstead's play this year and how well he is playing. But this man ALWAYS plays well. Like going back to when he was in the 3-4 scheme, he would rank among the best in the league in generating pressure from the interior. Now, we may not be able to re-sign him, but always thought it was crazy to think we should just trade him away for a low mid-round pick. No, he is too valuable for that and we can just get a comp pick for when he signs elsewhere. And make no mistake, he is getting a solid deal elsewhere. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Now, we may not be able to re-sign him, but always thought it was crazy to think we should just trade him away for a low mid-round pick.

Completely agreed, because we will get that pick back anyway in compensatory compensation, plus get to utilize the talent he has for our benefit. 

But what got me the most is how this line of thinking continued even through this offseason when it was pretty clear he was going to play out his contract.

17 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Completely agreed, because we will get that pick back anyway in compensatory compensation, plus get to utilize the talent he has for our benefit. 

But what got me the most is how this line of thinking continued even through this offseason when it was pretty clear he was going to play out his contract.

He's a good player period. We don't have the luxury to be getting rid of good players. Some players this fan base has made up their mind on already and really downplay their talents. Who knows if Witherspoon is able to continue this level of play, but we do know he was good his rookie season and ended the season well. But because he had a shaky start to the season last year, so many wanted this guy replaced or thought he was garbage. Armstead doesn't get sacks so that must mean he is not a good play. Um no, actually it does that mean he is not good. He is a beast against the run and is able to still force the QB out of the pocket with his interior rush. He's just going to be a consistent finisher, which is perfectly fine.

• Like 1