Week 3 GDT - Pittsburgh Steelers at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Ha! Yeah, works out great for you. Now, do you stream the games live or just wait until they are up on gamepass? 

So I know a lot of people are talking about Armstead's play this year and how well he is playing. But this man ALWAYS plays well. Like going back to when he was in the 3-4 scheme, he would rank among the best in the league in generating pressure from the interior. Now, we may not be able to re-sign him, but always thought it was crazy to think we should just trade him away for a low mid-round pick. No, he is too valuable for that and we can just get a comp pick for when he signs elsewhere. And make no mistake, he is getting a solid deal elsewhere. 

I just wait. Why? Because Sunday is often full of church and family activities for me. Just better for me to wait.

I like Armstead and will be sorry to see him go....seriously.

51 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He's a good player period. We don't have the luxury to be getting rid of good players. Some players this fan base has made up their mind on already and really downplay their talents. Who knows if Witherspoon is able to continue this level of play, but we do know he was good his rookie season and ended the season well. But because he had a shaky start to the season last year, so many wanted this guy replaced or thought he was garbage. Armstead doesn't get sacks so that must mean he is not a good play. Um no, actually it does that mean he is not good. He is a beast against the run and is able to still force the QB out of the pocket with his interior rush. He's just going to be a consistent finisher, which is perfectly fine.

No, indeed. Too quick to let talent go, some would be...

After allowing five touchdowns in his first seven games last season, and getting benched at Green Bay in mid-October, Witherspoon hasn’t given up a touchdown since Week 7 of 2018, according to Pro Football Focus. In his last six games — including his final four last year before a sprained right PCL ended his season with two games left — Witherspoon has been targeted 30 times. The result has been 10 receptions for 154 yards.

And this is including the 47 yard reception to Byrd last week which I totally disagree with. 

So yeah, this isn't just something that started this year with Spoon, he has legitimately been good for a solid stretch dating back to last season. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

What does Maiocco even know about the team????

But yeah, I'd bet that this just lingers throughout the season where Ford doesn't practice much during the week but gives it a go on game day. 

Much like Bosa, I don't mind much if Dee doesn't practice fully. Load management. In the meantime, the back-ups are getting more reps in practice. It's better than having a useless Cassius Marsh taking up first team reps while not giving much on the field. Now the question about Ford's injury limits him during games. I'd play him less early in the season so he can be healthy later on, hopefully.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

Much like Bosa, I don't mind much if Dee doesn't practice fully. Load management. In the meantime, the back-ups are getting more reps in practice. It's better than having a useless Cassius Marsh taking up first team reps while not giving much on the field. Now the question about Ford's injury limits him during games. I'd play him less early in the season so he can be healthy later on, hopefully.

Easy taking shots at @oldman9er's boy like that!!! 

But yeah, no harm no foul in letting those two rest up during the week. I mean they will go through the walkthroughs and not like they play QB or WR where you need to make sure the chemistry stays on point. They could get by for the most part being "limited" participants towards end of the week the rest of the season.

1 minute ago, oldman9er said:

I do hope Dee can shake off whatever ails him soon.. and I have to think Ramsey's stock took a minor dip after that unimpressive game. I just don't want him to get traded to a hated team... of which, I have several. 

His stock isn't dropping off that game. He was fine mainly, and was great the week before where he was matched up with Hopkins for nearly the entire game and barely allowed 27 yards on 7 targets.