Week 1 GDT: LA Chargers @ Denver Broncos

broncosfan07

Denver's personnel situation on the DL is a dumpster fire. Nevermind being thin on bodies, everyone but Wolfe is a marginal player. It's a bad situation. I fully expect Denver to go DL heavy next draft. Already thinking about how much I want Carlos Watkins or Vita Vea on this team.

Anyway, I think Denver wins this game despite that. The Chargers have been average against us, and we still possess an elite defense. Stopping the run is going to be the most crucial part of this game, we do that, I feel good about it.

I'm looking forward to the offensive play. I think it's going to funnel through Demaryius, and everything that's been reported seems to suggest the same. I also expect a heavy dose of CJ...hopefully he doesn't hurt himself.

So it's Jarrett being promoted to the PS.  Kinda figured given we waited so long to announce.   I look forward to seeing how he, Shelby Harris and Gotsis fare.   They are the only changes to our horrid run D (Peko you know what you get with him).  

Mike Klis (@MikeKlis)
Broncos have added much needed DL depth by promoting rookie DT Tyrique Jarrett from practice squad per source.

1 minute ago, iLikeDefense said:

Today may be the longest Monday ever.

Idk the Monday night game back in 2008 when we had to deal with endless trash talking back and forth with Raiders fans was probably the longest. Pretty positive that GDT started months before the actual game lol

1 minute ago, broncosfan07 said:

Idk the Monday night game back in 2008 when we had to deal with endless trash talking back and forth with Raiders fans was probably the longest. Pretty positive that GDT started months before the actual game lol

Several members were banned because of that thread. 

9 minutes ago, champ11 said:

the eddie royal game 

Since I'm being so productive i watched highlights from that game.  Really makes me wonder what could've been with Cutler, Marshall, Scheffler and Royal.  The right coaching early on could have made a huge difference in how careers went.

Just now, broncofan48 said:

Since I'm being so productive i watched highlights from that game.  Really makes me wonder what could've been with Cutler, Marshall, Scheffler and Royal.  The right coaching early on could have made a huge difference in how careers went.

Plus Clady. That could have been an incredible offensive run. Shanahan had to go, but man what a disaster. 

I still think Cutler could have been a great quarterback if he continued to develop in a functional organization. 

That was legit my first game as a fan! I had broken my leg playing soccer and couldn't sleep because of the pain, flipped the TV over to UK channel five at 3am, and the rest was history.

I'll never forget the game the following weekend, shootout with the Chargers at home and we score as time expires to go down 38-37, but instead of playing for OT Shanahan calls the two point play and we win it outright. 

I miss Mike Shanahan.

3 hours ago, paul-mac said:

That was legit my first game as a fan! I had broken my leg playing soccer and couldn't sleep because of the pain, flipped the TV over to UK channel five at 3am, and the rest was history.

I'll never forget the game the following weekend, shootout with the Chargers at home and we score as time expires to go down 38-37, but instead of playing for OT Shanahan calls the two point play and we win it outright. 

I miss Mike Shanahan.

The Saints game in Week 3 was amazing too. That was a fun little September run lol.

I don't know why, but I just have this weird feeling Denver is going to be pretty bad this year.  A pretty tough schedule will play into it, but I'm talking like 5-11 bad.

It just seems every team in the division got better in the offseason and Denver really didn't.  

I'm crossing my fingers the offense improves, but I could see it being very similar to last seasons and I just have an odd feeling the defense takes a step back. Still good, but not good enough to make the team competitive every week without a solid offense.

Archived