Week 3 GDT: Raiders @ Vikings

RaidersAreOne

This game will tell us a lot about this team. After the high, they were on getting a win week one and getting smacked week 2. I am interested in seeing how the team responds. 

I have seen both Vikings games this season so far from start to finish. The packers had really good success running on the Vikings defense. The Vikings secondary is really banged up right now. They have a couple of guys playing that usually wouldn't. Oakland has to use Waller more. They waited to long in the KC game to get him the ball. On offense its Jacobs, Williams, and Waller. Those are the playmakers and you just hope that one of the other guys can do something. Gruden needs to do a better job getting those guys open and making sure they get the ball. I hope JJ is able to play on Sunday his speed will be very helpful in opening up the field.

Vikings run game is sweet! Cook has looked amazing the first two weeks. He is their whole offense. When they're able to just hand him the ball they're a winning football team. It's when they have to rely on Kirk Cousins and crap hits the fans. Cousins has been god awful the first two weeks. Raiders need to make Cousins beat them. Sell out on the run by any means. 

Edited by agarcia34
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

This game will tell us a lot about this team. After the high, they were on getting a win week one and getting smacked week 2. I am interested in seeing how the team responds. 

I have seen both Vikings games this season so far from start to finish. The packers had really good success running on the Vikings defense. The Vikings secondary is really banged up right now. They have a couple of guys playing that usually wouldn't. Oakland has to use Waller more. They waited to long in the KC game to get him the ball. On offense its Jacobs, Williams, and Waller. Those are the playmakers and you just hope that one of the other guys can do something. Gruden needs to do a better job getting those guys open and making sure they get the ball. I hope JJ is able to play on Sunday his speed will be very helpful in opening up the field.

Vikings run game is sweet! Cook has looked amazing the first two weeks. He is their whole offense. When they're able to just hand him the ball they're a winning football team. It's when they have to rely on Kirk Cousins and crap hits the fans. Cousins has been god awful the first two weeks. Raiders need to make Cousins beat them. Sell out on the run by any means. 

Exactly this. The good news is the run defense has been really good, which matches up well with the Vikes, as if we can continue the run defense form, Cousins has to beat us.

On offense, we need not only to get Waller the ball more, I would say we need to make him WR2 (he is wasted at TE) and play Moreau as the TE. Moreau at TE is better than Grant at WR and I believe Waller against a corner is a win all day every day - like literally I can almost hear that young Denver CB thinking...."really!" Incognito is a boost in the run game as well. It will be tough, but I think we can win.

• Like 1

this game will come down to who can win in the run game. i think we have a real chance if we get Jacobs going early and often. we need to come out with energy, this game will show how mentally tough this program is, after getting waxed last week. 

DC is going to have to make some plays while taking care of the rock, he really needs to step up if we are going to be anything this year. He still has enough pieces to be successful if he is a legit Franchise QB.

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

Once again the NFL has the perfect opportunity to show the Raiders in LA and we get Denver V GB.  I hate whoever decides which games to show.

Welp, least Sunday Ticket is an option for you since you’re out of market. Worst case scenario, Reddit Streams will give you multiple choices, although probably frustrating. 

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Welp, least Sunday Ticket is an option for you since you’re out of market. Worst case scenario, Reddit Streams will give you multiple choices, although probably frustrating. 

It works.  I use it.  HDMI to your TV and Woo Hoo !!!!!

Edited by S&B Bleeder
I wanted to add the Woo Hoo !!!!!!!

Just now, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

45-42 Vikings

If we can put 42 on that defense I’d be stoked. Mike Zimmer though is gonna take Tyrell out of the game and that front seven is gonna limit Jacobs. I’d be surprised if we scored in the high 20’s. 

I honestly think this may be Kirk Cousins coming out party as well. They have solid weapons everywhere and our defense is trash. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

If we can put 42 on that defense I’d be stoked. Mike Zimmer though is gonna take Tyrell out of the game and that front seven is gonna limit Jacobs. I’d be surprised if we scored in the high 20’s. 

I honestly think this may be Kirk Cousins coming out party as well. They have solid weapons everywhere and our defense is trash. 

That's his new default score.  I think it needs adjusted now that AB is not on the team and we clearly won't have a high powered offense this year.