Week 3 GDT: Raiders @ Vikings

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

This is pathetic. Even with nobody open, doesn't even look to make a play. Runs up and ducks into a sack with room on either side to escape. 

Watching the highlights the other day this sack stuck with me the most. I guess Carr was trying to run up the middle, and then the defensive lineman just burst throw and Carr curled into a sack. Didn't look like he was keep his eyes downfield though. To be fair, Trent Brown give up pressure to the inside really quickly. 

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Blazer026 said:

It's a make or break year for Carr, but this doesn't seem significant. 

Jacobs is only open for like a 2-3 yard dink. 

Jacobs is open with a CB in front of him, even if he can't get the 1st, it's better than running into a sack on 2nd down. Getting a negative play when there's an easy throw to make is significant.

45 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Jacobs is open with a CB in front of him, even if he can't get the 1st, it's better than running into a sack on 2nd down. Getting a negative play when there's an easy throw to make is significant.

By the time Carr turns to pass to Jacobs the CB would have been all over him. Let’s not act like defensive players don’t get paid as well. 

There must be better examples of Carr missing receivers down the field. 

• Like 1

I doubt Jacobs would've gotten the first down but it's just the fact that Carr panicks and doesnt even go through his progressions is what bothers me on that play. Eyeballed Renfrow the whole way and once he didnt win his route, Carr panicks and runs into a sack.

Carr is an easy read, get the ball out as quickly as possible type guy. But when it's not there he doesnt know how to function. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I doubt Jacobs would've gotten the first down but it's just the fact that Carr panicks and doesnt even go through his progressions is what bothers me on that play. Eyeballed Renfrow the whole way and once he didnt win his route, Carr panicks and runs into a sack.

Carr is an easy read, get the ball out as quickly as possible type guy. But when it's not there he doesnt know how to function. 

Pocket presence is awful on that play.

1 hour ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

His pocket presence is awful I agree but not sure how he could go through his progressions on that particular play given how quickly Brown was beat. 

Just think that particular play is not a good one to highlight his deficiencies. 

Edited by Dessie