We're Fine!

BleedTheClock

1 hour ago, Bonanza23 said:

So much this!

I’ve  told you guys for awhile, if we finish 4-4 after 8 games I’ll be a happy camper. The schedule gets easier from there. I fully expect us to be fully gelled by then and steamrolling. 

Yeah 2 games. Mmmm hmmm. Baker is garbage and we have a rival 2nd year qb going to the hall of fame. When will people learn?

Well 4-4 only allowed one slip up and we already used it.

Rams
@Ravens
@49ers
Seahawks
@Patriots

Those are our next 5 games and assuming we go to Denver and win in week 9 that means we have to win 2 of those games to get to 4-4. Baltimore and San Francisco looked a little easier prior to the season than they do now on the road. I'd rather beat the Ravens and go 1-1 the next two weeks than vice versa but a win this week would be huge and eliminates any chance we start the season at 1-6 which would just be ugly everywhere.

Every team is going to have a weakness. The trend in the league is the OL because that group's performance is more group based than any other.

Every week they play together they'll get better. Looked fine against the jets and gwill throws some good blitzes in there. Chubb got his.

As they improve so will Baker.

Other than that there is no weakness. TE maybe but with the wr's on the team it's largely irrelevant. 

I don't really get this Baker is off talk. It's just been the gameplan to look deep and not take more hits than he's already taking. This week may bring a whole new plan. 

There is clearly something off with the offense. Is it just Baker? Oline? Trying to focus on OBJ rather than the open WR? Freddie? Too much Monken? Not enough time to gel yet?

No clue, but its probably a combo of all of those. As long as Baker and the coaching staff can identify the causes and make strides to correct them, I'm not worried.

Many assumed we would hit the ground running because of our weapons but forgot this isn't Madden. Real humans are affected by change, lack of chemistry, lack of timing, learning a new offense.

It takes time, but I am more worried than I was coming in. 

8 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well 4-4 only allowed one slip up and we already used it.

Rams
@Ravens
@49ers
Seahawks
@Patriots

Those are our next 5 games and assuming we go to Denver and win in week 9 that means we have to win 2 of those games to get to 4-4. Baltimore and San Francisco looked a little easier prior to the season than they do now on the road. I'd rather beat the Ravens and go 1-1 the next two weeks than vice versa but a win this week would be huge and eliminates any chance we start the season at 1-6 which would just be ugly everywhere.

I realize those teams are undefeated, but it’s early and I’m not buy they hype on some of them.

The Rams and Pats are legit, no doubt.  I think the Rams are beatable though. It’s at home and a prime time game.  We have a shot.  Don’t love our chances against the Pats.

The 9ers, Seahawks and Ravens are winnable games, we just have to play well.

We’re one of the most talented teams in the league. If the offense can start clicking, we’re going to be hard to beat.

Growing pains are a thing.

*2nd year QB

*Rookie HC

*New coordinators on both sides of the ball

*Our best players are in their 2nd/3rd seasons aside from OBJ, who is adjusting to a new system, QB, timing after being hurt, etc.

*Depth is a problem throughout still due to the Farmer/pre-Dorsey years, especially with a suspended RB and WR, a hurt WR, a hurt backup RB, a hurt TE, and a hurt S or two, not to mention our already sub par OL

*Throw in two very good/underrated DC's, 1 of which who knows this team inside and out, and it explains a mediocre start to the season

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nugpimpen said:

There is clearly something off with the offense. Is it just Baker? Oline? Trying to focus on OBJ rather than the open WR? Freddie? Too much Monken? Not enough time to gel yet?

Their missing the fun/nothing to lose aspect they had the last 8 games last year

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Growing pains are a thing.

*2nd year QB

*Rookie HC

*New coordinators on both sides of the ball

*Our best players are in their 2nd/3rd seasons aside from OBJ, who is adjusting to a new system, QB, timing after being hurt, etc.

*Depth is a problem throughout still due to the Farmer/pre-Dorsey years, especially with a suspended RB and WR, a hurt WR, a hurt backup RB, a hurt TE, and a hurt S or two, not to mention our already sub par OL

*Throw in two very good/underrated DC's, 1 of which who knows this team inside and out, and it explains a mediocre start to the season

Yes, yes, yes, and yes!

Plus a bear of a schedule in the first half of the season............

Second half of the season, the schedule is not nearly as daunting. The offense and the coaching will be much more in tune with each other by then. And, oh - by the way - we get Kareem Hunt back in Game 9.

The key is not to bury ourselves in the first half of the season. Yes, we will be fine.