Packers Trade Trevor Davis to Raiders

TheBitzMan

4 minutes ago, SSG said:

Big screw ups?  Not really but he's a guy who's decision making has always been questionable.  He fair caught 10 punts inside the 10 in his last year as our full time punt returner.  So his occasional 15+ yard punt return was nice, his mistakes frequently costed us field position.  

If he was allowed to fair catch 10 punts inside the 10, this means he was coached to.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

If he was allowed to fair catch 10 punts inside the 10, this means he was coached to.

Which might explain why that last staff is unemployed and why the new staff had no issues shipping him off.  I've never heard such a thing as a coach wanting a fair catch inside the 10.  I once heard Dante Hall say he was coached to have his heals on the 10 and he knew the coaches would be upset if he went backwards to field the ball.

2 minutes ago, SSG said:

Which might explain why that last staff is unemployed and why the new staff had no issues shipping him off.  I've never heard such a thing as a coach wanting a fair catch inside the 10.  I once heard Dante Hall say he was coached to have his heals on the 10 and he knew the coaches would be upset if he went backwards to field the ball.

Dante Hall played like 20 years ago.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I just don’t like this move with ESB on IR.  Davis, contrary to popular belief, was a damn sure punt fielder and he’d shown strong ability in big returns.  I know I’m in the minority, but I liked Davis and I hope he does well in Oakland.

Gotta disagree here. I agree he was shifty, fast, elusive and produced handful of big returns. But he had a terrible time making the decision to fair catch or not and judging where the ball was going to come down at the last minute. He was blasted many times at the catch including last Sunday. Occasionally gave up the ball because of it. The risk wasn’t worth the reward and that’s why he got showcased into a 6th round pick. Whatever minimal value he’d have ever provided as a WR will be easily replaced.

Edited by ccecilnosebleed

7 minutes ago, ccecilnosebleed said:

Gotta disagree here. I agree he was shifty, fast, elusive and produced handful of big returns. But he had a terrible time making the decision to fair catch or not and judging where the ball was going to come down at the last minute. He was blasted many times at the catch including last Sunday. Occasionally gave up the ball because of it. The risk wasn’t worth the reward and that’s why he got showcased into a 6th round pick. Whatever minimal value he’d have ever provided as a WR will be easily replaced.

No he didnt.

• Like 4