Packers Trade Trevor Davis to Raiders

TheBitzMan

18 minutes ago, Donzo said:

There does seem to be some support for him, which is a little confusing. Imagine if Davis did what Shepard did last night for the Packers?!? Dang, this site would have crashed with all the Davis hate.

Really???

all that I’ve heard is cut him, cut him, cut him. 0 support.  

I’ve been waiting for the sting to wear off to mention that the interception wasn’t particularly bad wide receivering, he just slipped at the exact worst time. On a field where guys were slipping all night. I know we love to point fingers and everyone needs a scapegoat, but I just see that play as exceptionally bad timing and not some cuttable offense. I get it, he muffed the punt, too. I wish we had Davis back. 

There, now you can say he gets too much support. 

posts for cutting him: 340024

post against: 1

8 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

Really???

all that I’ve heard is cut him, cut him, cut him. 0 support.  

I’ve been waiting for the sting to wear off to mention that the interception wasn’t particularly bad wide receivering, he just slipped at the exact worst time. On a field where guys were slipping all night. I know we love to point fingers and everyone needs a scapegoat, but I just see that play as exceptionally bad timing and not some cuttable offense. I get it, he muffed the punt, too. I wish we had Davis back. 

There, now you can say he gets too much support. 

posts for cutting him: 340024

post against: 1

Before last night there was a lot of support for him. Myself, I always wanted Davis over Shepard.

What's happening now is just the normal knee jerk fan nonsense. The fact of the matter is there isn't a reasonable replacement for Shepard on the overall 63-man roster. As other poster stated, he isn't getting cut.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Donzo said:

Before last night there was a lot of support for him. Myself, I always wanted Davis over Shepard.

What's happening now is just the normal knee jerk fan nonsense. The fact of the matter is there isn't a reasonable replacement for Shepard on the overall 63-man roster. As other poster stated, he isn't getting cut.

Maybe not this week but another performance like yesterday he'll be toast.  Kumerow is not far behind he was terrible yesterday.  Neither of these guys should be on the roster.  Sure Gute is kicking tires after last night it's painfully obvious we really need WR help.

1 hour ago, Donzo said:

I knew this sorry XXX thread would get dragged back up again. Rookie has one bad game and it's the end of the world...

3 minutes ago, Joe said:

I knew this sorry XXX thread would get dragged back up again. Rookie has one bad game and it's the end of the world...

Yes, when you're a bottom of the roster guy, having two turnovers is very very bad. 

It's only natural to compare it to the bottom of the roster guy who was in that spot before who didn't commit turnovers. 

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Yes, when you're a bottom of the roster guy, having two turnovers is very very bad. 

It's only natural to compare it to the bottom of the roster guy who was in that spot before who didn't commit turnovers. 

Who was also a veteran...

Looking back at the trade you cant help but ask why did we do this? Was it really worth it with our shortened depth Recieving core to get a 6th for him? Why did we cut tremon smith his supposeded replacement? I think Gute might be regretting this one. I like shep but he hasn't given us any solace in going with him instead of Davis, especially being apart of 2 turnovers in the game last night. Bad trade gute.

Edited by Gopackgonerd

36 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Looking back at the trade you cant help but ask why did we do this? Was it really worth it with our shortened depth Recieving core to get a 6th for him? Why did we cut tremon smith his supposeded replacement? I think Gute might be regretting this one. I like shep but he hasn't given us any solace in going with him instead of Davis, especially being apart of 2 turnovers in the game last night. Bad trade gute.

Because the fans DEMAND TRADEZZZZZ

2 hours ago, Gopackgonerd said:

His rookie deal is up after this year. He wasn't coming back and the coaches figured he was a non factor so they got a 6th

• Like 1

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

So this is going to come off as haterish, but are we sure that Rodgers wasn't looking to just get Sheppard the hell off the field?

Like a, "Can I get 13 out there?" [Instead of this scrub 10]

Very possible but he went to him immediately. Rodgers also, allegedly also said Lazard came back to the huddle and told him the route he wanted to run and to throw him the ball. That was the out route where he decided to run over the Lions CB which was great. 

After the game someone asked Lazard if we was surprised by his performance and he said, "I was built for this ****!" Gotta love the kids attitude. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

So this is going to come off as haterish, but are we sure that Rodgers wasn't looking to just get Sheppard the hell off the field?

Like a, "Can I get 13 out there?" [Instead of this scrub 10]

I can actually see that scenario being the case more than any other, actually.  

Sheppard may develop into a nice player, but he's just not ready for primetime.  That's really all it is I think.  The moment was too big for him last night and you could literally see it in his eyes.  That's why I don't really blame him, and I can't really blame MLF because he didn't have many - if any - alternatives last night.  I'm not going to blame Gute either, because sometimes you make moves that work and payoff immediately, and sometimes you don't.  So, we're left with nobody to blame, which is actually kind of ideal.