Packers Trade Trevor Davis to Raiders

TheBitzMan

6 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

I’d take him back in a heart beat. Knowing he can secure catches adds value. I still don’t think he’d get much yardage with our terrible gunner play though. 

Davis certainly has proven that he is an NFL player, but let's have a look at the new guy. If he fails after a game or two, Davis will still be there. In other words Davis is a known commodity. Let's see if the new guy can beat that before re-signing Davis. I could be wrong, but I have a feeling Davis will still be available in a couple of weeks if the new guy falls on his face.

Mr. Hanging on by his fingernails marginal player Trevor Davis is going to return to GB and have not one - but two - TDs in critical moments that win critical games - and he's going to sign a multi-year - multi-million dollar contract this offseason - the evolution of the special teams unit will be complete, the career arc of Mr. Davis will be set and the light bills will be paid well into the future. The improbable will become real. Bank on it  :) 

Davis looked real stiff the last few weeks with the Raiders. I wonder if his legs hurt? His cuts have been so non existent lately, I thought Darius Shepard was on the Raiders.

You gotta figure that he spends a lot time paying attention to his hamstrings, so maybe other parts of his legs don't get worked on so much.  I don't think we've heard the last of Trevor Davis

22 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

This post has been edited by a mod because mods are Communists.

He averages 10.6 yards per punt return in his career.  

You know what Tremon Smith has averaged on punt returns?  0.0 yards per return.  

You know what Darrius Shepard averaged for us this year?  4.5 yards per return.  Wait, that’s not right... Oh yeah it is, I just forgot the negative.  NEGATIVE 4.5 yards per return.  

Then why did the Raiders cut him if he’s so good?