Packers Trade Trevor Davis to Raiders

TheBitzMan

I bashed Davis in the past.  Mostly for making bad decisions.  However warmed up to him quite a bit this year.  He was coming on as a receiver and has been solid in return duties.  Kind of mixed on this one hope it doesn't blow up in our face.  If we did indeed land a 6th I guess it's ok.  Still not a move I would have made.  But Gute knows what he is doing so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.  Hope either Shepard (who did look pretty good) or the new kid work out.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Told everybody he has value.  Just not to us.  

See, I thought he should have been cut last year. He didn't fit in MM's offense.  Then we got a taste how he fit in the new offense in the preseason and I thought he was a really nice complimentary piece between special teams, vertical routes, and end-arounds.  

I'm a bit surprised to be honest.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

i really don't get it, he's been pretty awful. i feel like he's had mayyyybe 3 good plays in 3+ years 

I think he was a decent punt returner he hasn't had much playing time the last two years due to his injuries which hurt. I think he offered little else though as he has trouble with press. I thought Shephard beat him out to be honest and he is a better slot.

3 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

I bashed Davis in the past.  Mostly for making bad decisions.  However warmed up to him quite a bit this year.  He was coming on as a receiver and has been solid in return duties.  Kind of mixed on this one hope it doesn't blow up in our face.  If we did indeed land a 6th I guess it's ok.  Still not a move I would have made.  But Gute knows what he is doing so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.  Hope either Shepard (who did look pretty good) or the new kid work out.

We are churning the bottom of the roster that much I love. TT did it too but didn't seem to successful later in his career with hits. To me Shepard is a better slot and can likely perform just as well in return duties as Davis. Bringing in the kid from KC is just having a look at some raw speed and return open field stuff. He's a possible toy for MLF and or our ST coach whatever his name is.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

FWIW Tremon Smith returned punts at Central Arkansas. Expect him to compete with Sheppard there and take over the KR duties. 

He returned 33 kicks last year for the Chiefs btw. 

Wikipedia says he was even the "all rookie returner"

Edited by Norm
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Davis had the second most important reception in the Bears game and it's because the Bears respected his speed. I believe even Rodgers pointed that out. 

One play in one game over how many years here? Look I get it, it helped week 1. But it wasn’t his speed... they played zone that play and Davis found the soft spot.

My point is how often is he even on the field? He is at best the 4th Wide out on this team.

We aren’t losing speed or production or anything because his impact is minimal on this team. Your speed is MVS... he out performed Davis.