Packers Trade Trevor Davis to Raiders

TheBitzMan

Just now, pacman5252 said:

I was kind of hoping we'd see TD play out this year in this offense. I felt he could have a Taylor Gabriel like role as a gadget player.

I'm figuring the FO is figuring Sheppard can be that guy.
Then again....we dont seem to be knocking it dead with multi-WR schemes....so who knows how its gonna play out.

I take this as it must mean Darrius is just about healthy and good to go. To be fair, I like Darius much more in the slot than Davis. For all of the hooplah about Trevor Davis over the years...hes constantly missing time, hes constantly making threats at the airport, and hes constantly missing his boyfriend Kizer.

Get some Darrius.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Golfman said:

1. He was drafted as a WR, NOT a returner. 

2. The new standard of draft picks is to NOT screw up! xD

3. I was asking a serious question which you answered by making excuses for him. 

4. Thanks for validating my point which is he won't be missed. He didn't provide any impact plays. 

1. He was the 163rd pick. Getting several years of strong ST play is a win from that slot.

2. Not screwing up is the definition of a strong ST contributor.

3. What excuses are there to make? He doesn't need an excuse. He more than made up his draft stock value. 

4. The first time one of our returners muffs a punt, he will be missed. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SSG said:

Which might explain why that last staff is unemployed and why the new staff had no issues shipping him off.  I've never heard such a thing as a coach wanting a fair catch inside the 10.  I once heard Dante Hall say he was coached to have his heals on the 10 and he knew the coaches would be upset if he went backwards to field the ball.

Jesus ******* Christ

• Like 3

If the question is whether Trevor Davis had several years of strong ST play while a member of the Green Bay Packers, the answer is a resounding nope.

Several is defined as "more than two but not many."

Davis had a decent ST season in 2017.

He did very little as a rookie in 2016 (9 punt returns for a total of 115 yards & 3 KO returns).

Davis played in 2 games in 2018 and 2 in 2019 before Gute shipped him out for a 6th.

The legend of Trevor Davis is strong among some.

Can't wait to hear about how important those 10 catches for 150 yards were to the Pack's success over the Davis' 3+ year career with the Pack.

3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

It's 2019. Kick off returns are dead and punters are kicking for fair catches. Seriously there were 3 KR TDs and 7 PR TDs in the entire league last year. 

The most important thing a returner can do is not fumble and David never did, as well as also statistically bring pretty good at the yardage part of his job.

Yeah, I'll miss Davis because even in situations where he should have called for a fair catch and was lit up by the defender, he still managed to hang onto the ball. 

I was surprised by the trade. He was just starting to show something as a receiver, and they may have needed him there this year. I heard that they were trying to trade him away in the preseason last year, though. He never seemed to be a big part of the Packers' plan. 

If Tremon Smith is as good as advertised on specials, then I really like getting some value for a player that we were unlikely to re-sign.  Davis teased us with that monster preseason game.  And he was a very safe when fielding punts.  But he was ALWAYS injured.  I also liked Davis on those end around runs more than anyone on the roster, even if I am not a big fan of those plays.