CLE set to release S Calvin Pryor after fight with teammate

Broncofan

4 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

My theory that CLE is secretly still trying to get a 2018 top 3 pick gains steam....

(Seriously, not a good week for CLE so far)....

Sources: #Browns are expected to release S Calvin Pryor just a few days before the opener after a fight with a teammate before practice.

i dunno, this might be a blessing in disguise.  my completely uninformed opinion is that this leads to kai nacua back on the 53
he was a UDFA who played pretty well for us that a lot of fans were upset that he didn't make the team

we re-signed Tyrone Holmes cause of Garrett's injury which isnt that bad as people were upset we cut him in the first place

18 minutes ago, Forge said:

Someone will grab him, but his future long term viability in the league is starting to look shaky. Good players aren't typically cut for these things. 

Yeah, stars are just fined, maybe benched for a series.  Borderline fringe starters are jettisoned.   But there's no doubt that moving up Jabrill Peppers and Kindred for more PT are good for the Browns long-term development, but more likely to suffer through early growing pains.  Again, if you're not seriously contending though, and those struggles and growing pains nets them an earlier pick next year...well, you get the idea.  It's not the primary reason to do it, but it doesn't hurt their overall plans here, either. 

Fights break out all of the time during TCs and practices. Michael Irvin once stabbed a dude with a pair of scissors in Dallas.

What the heck did Pryor do to get cut? I know he's not Irvin, but he clip someone with an elbow?

4 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Fights break out all of the time during TCs and practices. Michael Irvin once stabbed a dude with a pair of scissors in Dallas.

What the heck did Pryor do to get cut? I know he's not Irvin, but he clip someone with an elbow?

This said before practice. That's a bit different, IMO. I'd definitely like thave hear the details though.

4 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

When you're a HOF player, you can be Michael Jordan and punch Steve Kerr in the face in practice or be Michael Irvin and do cocaine/stab players with a pair of scissors.

When you're a 1st round bust trying to make a roster and fight for playing time in your last shot, you'd better mind your P's and Q's, especially when you're the 5th best safety on a 1-15 team the year before.

20 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Archived