Raiders trade for WR/Returner Trevor Davis; released

RaidersAreOne

Trevor Davis has a lot of ST skills. He is a good gunner and punt returner. Until this year he never really shone as a WR, but this year he has flashed there as well.

I'd say he has a fair bit of value, so why did my team (the Packers) trade him away ? Well, the Packers have an excess of WRs who have flashed in camp (Adams, Allison, Valdes-Scantling, Kumerow, Davis, Shepherd and they brought back Lazard from the PS. That's 7 receivers, not even including Equanimeous St.Brown, who is on IR for the year. They have Shepherd, who can be a slot receiver and returner, and they have just picked up an all-purpose guy, an athlete who can do almost anything, including being a returner, Tremon Smith, so they don't really need Davis.

If you want to use Trevor Davis as a 4th or 5th receiver and key guy on special teams he could work well for you. It might amuse you to watch the last Packer game (vs the Vikings) where Davis caught a punt without calling fair catch. He was absolutely levelled by a guy the instant he caught the ball, but what impressed me was even though it was a vicious hit, he never let go.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive
  • Like 3