It’s times for Danny Dimes!

Gmen

It’s the end of an era in big blue nation, and the start of a new one. The reigns of the franchise are being handed over to Eli’s youngest half-brother, Daniel “Jones”. He was a polarizing prospect that had many Giants fans booing, and rivals laughing on draft day. But after turning heads all training camp and preseason, it became evident that Jones wasn’t going to spend 3 years as a backup. The Giants are convinced he is ready to lead this team now. The Danny Dimes hype train is boarding, and leaving the station Sunday 4:05 eastern time. Don’t miss out!

What are your expectations and predictions? By how many touchdowns will he break the rookie touchdown record? 5? 8? 

• Like 2

Arians has come out and said what any sane coach would say and he is going to focus on stopping Saquon first and foremost. If I'm Shurmur, I'm coming out throwing and giving Jones the easiest transition he can have by basically stealing Cutcliffe's playbook and building off of it week by week. Jones should be taking about 90% of his snaps out of shotgun- he's more comfortable in it and sees the field better from it. We should have Saquon next to him about 80% of those snaps and have a run-pass option on every play. From there, start slinging. Those LBs have to respect the run and have to step up. Jones shouldn't have the ball in his hand longer than 3 seconds on any snap in the first quarter. Let him develop a rhythm and some confidence and keep the defense from pinning their ears back to keep him safe.

Will any of that work? Who knows. But I think it would be a good transition for him from college for his first NFL start, may actually move the ball, and could be what we actually see from Shurmur on Sunday.

I think we see a conservative but efficient statline from Jones on Sunday- about 65% completion, but a low YPA. I think it is definitely likely he throws his first touchdown this game, and I'd bet he is more likely to fumble than throw a pick.

7 hours ago, Gmen said:

It’s the end of an era in big blue nation, and the start of a new one. The reigns of the franchise are being handed over to Eli’s youngest half-brother, Daniel “Jones”. He was a polarizing prospect that had many Giants fans booing, and rivals laughing on draft day. But after turning heads all training camp and preseason, it became evident that Jones wasn’t going to spend 3 years as a backup. The Giants are convinced he is ready to lead this team now. The Danny Dimes hype train is boarding, and leaving the station Sunday 4:05 eastern time. Don’t miss out!

What are your expectations and predictions? By how many touchdowns will he break the rookie touchdown record? 5? 8? 

Pssh. By only 5-8!? What kind of Daniel Jones supporter are you? He's breaking the record by at least 20.