It’s times for Danny Dimes!

Gmen

1 minute ago, Gmen said:

People formed their opinions long before Jones even took a snap in the NFL. Wasn’t that even more premature? And now that he looks every part the 6th overall pick, we’re supposed to slow our roll? Seems a bit hypocritical to me. 

Are you saying we shouldn't even form opinions of prospects? Just blindly trust GMs and then wait until after their rookie year to form an opinion? That's boring.

If you liked him as a prospect and had high hopes. then what you've seen so far should only instill confidence in your evaluation. If you didn't like him and thought he would struggle then what you've seen so far should definitely lead you to at least begin questioning your evaluation. Either way, since it's only been preseason + 1 game, it wouldn't really make sense to change your opinion, or consider your evaluation to have been proven correct.

7 minutes ago, Gmen said:

People formed their opinions long before Jones even took a snap in the NFL. Wasn’t that even more premature? And now that he looks every part the 6th overall pick, we’re supposed to slow our roll? Seems a bit hypocritical to me. 

There are people on this forum that called him a fourth round prospect. I don’t think I’m going out on a limb by saying their scouting report was way off. 

I guess I can understand where you are coming from. Those people who have already determined hes a bust are stupid though. If your opinion is purely that he looks like he could justify the #6 pick, I think most people have to agree with that, at this point. 

I just think that judging a QB at all is so difficult. Baker had a great rookie year last year and I think there are still question marks around him. I just hope Jones doesn't get overhyped based on limited play, because the vultures are circling waiting for his first 0td 2int game to crucify him, which will be equally overreactive. 

• Like 1

@RandyMossIsBoss First of all, as an eagles fan, your opinion on Jones is as biased as mine. You’re going to believe what you want to believe to help you sleep better at night.

Second of all, most opinions of Jones were based on group think. Todd McShay said it was a big reach on ESPN so people laughed and laughed at that senile Gettleman. Very few people actually do their own scouting, and even less watched Duke football. There are a few poster on here that claim they did scout Jones and thought he was average, @jrry32 and @BayRaider. But so far, Gettleman looks like the better scout. 

Edited by Gmen

It’s one game, I told you I’m not giving an opinion on Jones good or bad until two full seasons. He could of had 25 INTs this year and you wouldn’t of hurt a peep outta me. 

Fans biggest issue (especially FF) is they act like players are gods after one-two-three games etc. It’s honestly the worst thing I’ve seen when it comes to forming a conclusion too fast: football fans. People acting like Lamar was god after two weeks for example. 

I still stick with my Jones draft analysis but I am by no means rooting for the guy to fail. I’d be more than happy to see him succeed and prove me wrong, I’m rooting for him. I don’t understand why some fans take a negative analysis as if you hate that player and rooting against him? Smh. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

It’s one game, I told you I’m not giving an opinion on Jones good or bad until two full seasons. He could of had 25 INTs this year and you wouldn’t of hurt a peep outta me. 

Fans biggest issue (especially FF) is they act like players are gods after one-two-three games etc. It’s honestly the worst thing I’ve seen when it comes to forming a conclusion too fast: football fans. People acting like Lamar was god after two weeks for example. 

I still stick with my Jones draft analysis but I am by no means rooting for the guy to fail. I’d be more than happy to see him succeed and prove me wrong, I’m rooting for him. I don’t understand why some fans take a negative analysis as if you hate that player and rooting against him? Smh. 

Well yeah. We are literally fanatics. My football teams performance affects my mood for the entire week and I make snap judgements based on next to nothing and Daniel Jones is my lord and savior. Get into golf if you dont like fans being irrational.

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

Your vindication must feel beautiful.  Congratulations on being right all along.

Couldn’t have asked for a better start. He’ll have his ups and downs, but he’ll be a good player in this league. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Your vindication must feel beautiful.  Congratulations on being right all along.

Gotta give credit where credit is due. I remember @Gmen making a thread in the Giants forum about a month or two before the draft campaigning for Daniel Jones. I will be the first to admit I didn't like him as a prospect then, and didn't like it any more when the Giants picked him. But the truth is I don't really know what I'm talking about, as I'm just a dumb fan like the rest of us. I obviously never wished anything bad on DJ, just wasn't impressed by what I saw from him in college. But man, I've never been happier to stuff my face with this crow. It's never been more delicious.