It’s times for Danny Dimes!

Gmen

8 hours ago, NJC33 said:

Of all your theatrical takes, comparing Jones to a more athletic Peyton Manning is one of the more egregious ones yet. 

I just call it how I see it my man. I’m not one of those ‘well let’s wait three years before evaluating and passing judgment’.  It took me a whole four games to call Saquon and Mahomes two of the most talented players ever at their respective positions. Notice I didn’t say best, I said talented. They still need many years of production and playoff wins before being considered among the best.

And that’s why I’m willing to vindicate Dave Gettleman right now. Who knows how Daniel Jones’ career turns out. But Gettleman drafted one heck of a talent in back to back years. Jones wasn’t over-drafted, he was under-drafted. He has prototypical size, good arm, good accuracy, great poise, tough, athletic, very smart, high character. He has everything you want in a prospect. He’s easily the #1 overall pick if he played college football at Ohio State instead of Duke. Easily. And props to Gettleman for recognizing that talent when so many others whiffed. I’ll give Belicheck credit too because the Patriots were rumored to be very interested in Jones.

As an aside about Jones’ athleticism, he played AAU basketball and dunked on a 6’10” five star recruit. 

Edited by Gmen

4 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

What running backs are judged on playoff wins? 

If we're judging combos I like Daniel Jones and Saquon Barkley over Dak and Zeke and it's not all that close.

I sure know which pair I would take, just one week into "my" quarterback's career.  At the same time, I still think the other pair might go all the way to the Super Bowl this year.

8 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I sure know which pair I would take, just one week into "my" quarterback's career.  At the same time, I still think the other pair might go all the way to the Super Bowl this year.

I think Dallas has had one of the softest schedules so far. I think they're a playoff team. Just want to see them do it a little more before I jumped on the bandwagon. 

I wanted Denver to get Daniel Jones in the first round don't know at 10 would of preferred a trade down with the Steelers still. Due to State of the team I want to build assets for the future and present before I have to have a QB.

Lock, was the right pick for where the franchise is at current moment. 

Edited by thebestever6
  • Like 1