Getting Downright Offensive About the Steelers Defense

Steeler Hitman

Who is Mainly Responsible for The Steelers Defensive Woes?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who is "MAINLY" Responsible for the 2019 Steelers Defensive Woes?

• HC Mike Tomlin. The buck stops there!
    • DC Keith Butler. Your killing me Smalls!
    • The Steelers Offense. You are not scoring points and making too many mistakes!
    • The Steelers Defensive Players. You guys gotta do better than this!
    • Our Opponents Have Just Been Better. Those guys are too good!

Colbert drafts no worst and in many cases much better than the NFL average.   I think he is fine as a judge of horse flesh ( as it were).  I will keep picking on the scouts and perhaps coaches for not knowing what they want in a DB.  Coaches tell the scouts to look for players to match what they want.

Dupree fit the projected type they want in a OLB.  He just did not develop.  How much is on the coaches and how much is on the player?

• Like 3

21 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Talent and coaching.

Cant pick one.

We lack talent and some of the talent we do have isnt being used right.

This has been an issue for years.  Time to start over.  It's time. 

If it's been an issue for years, the time to start over was.... wait for it... years ago

9 minutes ago, SlevinKelevra said:

If it's been an issue for years, the time to start over was.... wait for it... years ago

You've always been a blind Tomlin hater.  While its time for a change, I dont attack him or blame him for everything like you do and have done with pretty much every post you've ever made.  

I would discuss it further, but not with you.  Not worth it. 

2 hours ago, jebrick said:

Colbert drafts no worst and in many cases much better than the NFL average.   I think he is fine as a judge of horse flesh ( as it were).  I will keep picking on the scouts and perhaps coaches for not knowing what they want in a DB.  Coaches tell the scouts to look for players to match what they want.

Dupree fit the projected type they want in a OLB.  He just did not develop.  How much is on the coaches and how much is on the player?

Agree but if the coaches are telling the Scouts what to look for then why are they scouting CBs that are better at B&R/Jam (Burns/Lane) if they don't play that scheme?

3 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

You've always been a blind Tomlin hater.  While its time for a change, I dont attack him or blame him for everything like you do and have done with pretty much every post you've ever made.  

I would discuss it further, but not with you.  Not worth it. 

It wasn't blind hate, it was seeing the obvious weakness, failures, double-think, and other flaws that were out in the open if you just look past the fact that "his teams" won a lot of games.

Anyways you were always a blind Tomlin lover, complete with the avatar you've now ditched out of embarassment.

I'd say I told you so, but well, your post speaks for itself.   Better late than never.