New Orleans Saints @ Seattle Seahawks -- Week 3

showtime

The Seahawks are off to a 2-0 start and one of the toughest opponents on their schedule has a major injury concern.  Drew Brees just had successful surgery on his hand, so he will be out for a while.  I don't think they've announced an official starter yet, but I'm assuming it will be Teddy Bridgewater.  I expect Taysom Hill to also get some play at QB.  Even though Brees is out, I'm expecting this to be a really tough game.  I'm honestly not sure how the Seahawks deal with Kamara and Thomas in the receiving game, outside of the Saints QB's having a poor game.  I thought Russell Wilson played really well hitting various different receivers and the running game developed a lot more.  Having the game in Seattle helps a ton, but I'm expecting a close one.

I know its weird to say, but I think Seattle might have played better HAD Brees played. Pete Carrol Seahawks seem to raise their level of play to the other team, so a Brees lead Saints would probably get Seattle more up, IDK. 

That being said, Seattles defense was carved up in back to back weeks by Andy Dalton and Mason Rudolph. Not exactly world burners. There is a good chance Teddy+Taysom can/will move the ball up and down the field. Game will come down to how well the offense can move the ball. Offensive line HAS to play better. They have been awful thus far. Honestly, this game is going to come down to RW in the 4th, like every game the last 2-3 years. 

I'm watching the Ravens vs Chiefs game and the commentator says, "Next up the Saints travel to Seattle to take on the Seahawks.  Most of you all will be getting this game."  So I'm hype and then I see.... Texans are playing..... So looks like I'm not going to be able to see the Seahawks game because they're showing the Chargers vs Texans were I live.

Garbage , meaningless game. 

Take Away the 20 gifted points..

13 points given up

252 Total Yards, 3-11 on 3rd down.

Seattle wins 99% of the time with those numbers. 

Very similar to the Redskins game last year.  The Pete Carroll Seahawks are guaranteed to lay an egg at home, and this seems to have been the game. This time Russell didn't have enough magic to will the victory. 

1 hour ago, showtime said:

What's up with Carson?  Why is he fumbling so much?  His fumble that the Saints picked up and ran in for a TD completely changed the game and everything went down hill after that.

He's a hard runner so opponents are going for the ball more because of that and its paying off. It sucks but it doesnt suck as much as the read option offense. I wish we went back to the Lynch offense in 2010-2013. Wilson has no desire to run it and he shouldnt so its easy to stop. I have no idea the fascination of it by Carrol and Schottenheimer. Wilson is too good a QB to have THAT be the focal point of the offense.

14 hours ago, showtime said:

What's up with Carson?  Why is he fumbling so much?  His fumble that the Saints picked up and ran in for a TD completely changed the game and everything went down hill after that.

A little bad luck.

What is strange about the last fumble is Carson had two arms on the ball. He covered up in preparation for the stripes and punches, but for some reason switched back to one arm towards the end of the tackle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThirtyOne-EightyNine said:

Wagner has been disappointing so far this season for me. He has missed more tackles in 3 games than he had all of last year (going off watching the games, i didnt look up stats). He is solid for sure but i expected him to make more splash plays against the lesser offenses we were against.

He had 18 tackles yesterday. Pump the brakes a wee bit. 

Big Bobby Plays will happen eventually. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, animaltested said:

A little bad luck.

What is strange about the last fumble is Carson had two arms on the ball. He covered up in preparation for the stripes and punches, but for some reason switched back to one arm towards the end of the tackle.

He just needs to prioritize covering the football more.  It's getting to the point where I'm starting to get nervous every time he touches the football.