Broncos Game Review

dll2000

Play 13.

3rd and 3.

4 receivers IZ right to Monty.

Miller beats Massie's block and Whitehair can't reach MLB who has angle on him based on the front.  They combine for the stop for a 1 yard gain.

I can't be too upset about this (at the players). That would be an all world block by Whitehair and Miller is an all pro and Massie is just a guy.  Miller is simply a better athlete than Massie.  

Long had a decent block, but couldn't sustain it long enough.   This play was a long shot and not a great call.  Maybe a draw if you invited Miller upfield would have been much better.  Or a two way go to RB in flat. 

Play 14 is field goal.

3rd series.

Play 1.

Ball at their own 10.

Bears run weak side IZ into a 7 man box that has not shifted at all to strength.

This is a stupid call.  They have an unblocked defender in the hole.  They are outmanned.  There simply isn't enough blockers for this play.  

You check out of this call all day every day.   This is football 101.  Just count.  Two guys cannot block 3 guys.  If the two guys are two greatest blockers in history of football they can't block 3 guys.  

If MT doesn't have the freedom to check out of the play call timeout.  You cannot just waste a down on your own 10.  Which we did.  

Terrible by Nagy and maybe Mitch if he had freedom and didn't check out.   Just Terrible.  

Um on second look, it looks like MT is checking INTO this play.   This is really not good if that is the case.   If MT is simply stupid I am getting off his bandwagon.

For first time watching film I am really angry.  Probably won't be the last if I keep going given results of this game.

Amazingly Montgomery still gets 4 yards.

These are Barry Sanders like runs for small gains.  He should be getting losses on a lot of these plays.  

Edited by dll2000