GDT "Monday Night Football" Edition: Bears & Redskins 9/23/19

beardown3231

8 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

QBs make mistakes.  For some reason everyone that Mitxh makes gets scrutinized to the Nth degree.  Mitch threw 5 incomplete passes.  5.  He probably threw 3 passes with bad ball placement.  People will reveal themselves when they talk about his play in this game.

It's funny because this was the write up from rotoworld.com on Mitch's performance last night:

Mitchell Trubisky completed 25-of-31 passes for 231 yards, three touchdowns, and one interception in the Bears' 31-15, Week 3 win over the Redskins Monday night.

Trubisky didn't account for a touchdown Weeks 1-2. He didn't play all that great in this one, but Case Keenum turned the ball over five times for Washington and set Trubisky and the Bears offense up with great field position multiple times. Trubisky threw a pair of short touchdowns to Taylor Gabriel before hitting Gabriel again for an acrobatic 36-yard score where Gabriel adjusted to a poorly-placed ball to beat Josh Norman for the score. Trubisky didn't have to do anything in the second half, but he also didn't play well with the Redskins threatening a comeback. Trubisky has done nothing as a runner through three games, either. He'll be a bottom-barrel QB2 next week against the Vikings.

I mean c'mon...a poorly placed ball...really?  Did this guy not watch Mitch launch that ball 36 yards on the run in a perfect spot to only where Gabriel could get it?  Like I get the criticism of Trubisky in other areas with some of his throws last night, most notably the INT to Norman on the goal line but why not give the guy credit where he's due?  It seems like these columnists go out of their way some times to bash the guy no matter what he does.  Obviously it was a heck of a TD catch by Gabriel to keep both his feet in bounds but the throw was just as nice IMO.  I am alone on this one?

Edited by topwop1
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

It's funny because this was the write up from rotoworld.com on Mitch's performance last night:

I mean c'mon...a poorly placed ball...really?  Did this guy not watch Mitch launch that ball 36 yards on the run in a perfect spot to only where Gabriel could get it?  Like I get the criticism of Trubisky in other areas with some of his throws last night, most notably the INT to Norman on the goal line but why not give the guy credit where he's due?  It seems like these columnists go out of their way some times to bash the guy no matter what he does.  Obviously it was a heck of a TD catch by Gabriel to keep both his feet in bounds but the throw was just as nice IMO.  I am alone on this one?

I'm with you. If Rodgers or Mahomes puts the ball there it's "a perfectly placed ball" or "an incredible throw where only the received could make a play on it". It's fine to be down on Mitch but give him some credit when he makes a nice throw.

19 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

No. Anybody who knows anything about watching football knows that was a perfect indefensible throw.  Every analyst has talked about that throw.  This is the first scorching hot take I've seen trying to criticize that throw

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

31? On that defense?

Our defense is always highly touted year after year.  We really aren’t THAT good.  

And I am giving you 31 points because I see a couple turnovers happening on our own side of the field.  Leading to a couple easy scores for the Bears.

It’s Kirk Cousins.  He is the biggest reason our team will never reach its potential.  His painfully average game against the Raiders wasn’t indicative of his showings to come.  The Falcons game he didn’t even have to do anything.  And even when he was given every opportunity to defeat GB, he found a way to screw it up in the end.  It is just who he is.  I expect that to continue on Sunday. 

So a I really do feel confident in saying 31 - 12.  Bears. 

9 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

QBs make mistakes.  For some reason everyone that Mitxh makes gets scrutinized to the Nth degree.  Mitch threw 5 incomplete passes.  5.  He probably threw 3 passes with bad ball placement.  People will reveal themselves when they talk about his play in this game.

Glad to see someone else is thinking this. I'm on twitter and hopping on various boards and I can't freaking believe some of the **** I am reading. "Mitch played awful. He can't read defenses. He got lucky to Gabriel, etc".

Pure ******* nonsense.

32 minutes ago, Torchezim said:

Our defense is always highly touted year after year.  We really aren’t THAT good.  

And I am giving you 31 points because I see a couple turnovers happening on our own side of the field.  Leading to a couple easy scores for the Bears.

It’s Kirk Cousins.  He is the biggest reason our team will never reach its potential.  His painfully average game against the Raiders wasn’t indicative of his showings to come.  The Falcons game he didn’t even have to do anything.  And even when he was given every opportunity to defeat GB, he found a way to screw it up in the end.  It is just who he is.  I expect that to continue on Sunday. 

So a I really do feel confident in saying 31 - 12.  Bears. 

So Kirk is another Mitch.... I feel for you guys. Kirk was a really good QB under Gruden, I don’t know what happened.

Just now, Nads786 said:

So Kirk is another Mitch.... I feel for you guys. Kirk was a really good QB under Gruden, I don’t know what happened.

Was he good? When all you do is throw the ball, stats are bound to inflate.  I saw him lead a drive against Seattle once.  One time where he seemed clutch.  And that was a better catch than anything if I recall correctly.  

Trubisky is still relatively new to the NFL. While Cousins has been in the league for almost a decade.  Trubisky has already shown to be more capable than Cousins.  I can still see growth in him.  Cousins has hit his ceiling and even having everything around him improved and near perfect with numerous weapons to utilize, he consistently shows us his sub-par  and average play.

Again, Good Luck

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, G08 said:

Glad to see someone else is thinking this. I'm on twitter and hopping on various boards and I can't freaking believe some of the **** I am reading. "Mitch played awful. He can't read defenses. He got lucky to Gabriel, etc".

Pure ******* nonsense.

Mahomes and Rodgers make that throw and everyone needs a kleenex and a new pair of undies

17 minutes ago, G08 said:

Yup. And that's fine, I expect that garbage from ESPN... But OUR FANBASE? 

Jesus Christ. 

Most unintelligent people when already making up their mind on someone in a negative way will refuse to swallow their pride and admit when that same someone does something good or impressive.  It sucks but that's just the way unintelligent and irrational people think.

2 hours ago, Nads786 said:

Kirk was never really that good.  Gruden also didn't think too highly of him when you consider they didn't feel he was worth franchise QB type of money and let him walk while trading for Alex Smith as his replacement.

I think our defense can rattle Cousins.  I'm more worried about Cook to be honest, especially if Hicks misses this game.  Also Minny's D is stout so I'm sure Mitch won't have an easy time.  I'm expecting a low scoring game in this one similar to week 1.