GDT "Monday Night Football" Edition: Bears & Redskins 9/23/19

beardown3231

Crazy stat...Bears are 0-7 against Skins since their last win against them back in 2003.  Hopefully that trend doesn't continue.

This is one of those games that will be extremely disappointing if the Bears don't come out with a W.  I'm fully expecting a win here.

Bears have a much better team and they are missing key players.

Up after this one are the Vikings on a short week so it is critical to come out of this one 2-1.

35 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Crazy stat...Bears are 0-7 against Skins since their last win against them back in 2003.  Hopefully that trend doesn't continue.

This is one of those games that will be extremely disappointing if the Bears don't come out with a W.  I'm fully expecting a win here.

Up after this one are the Vikings on a short week so it is critical to come out of this one 2-1.

A crazier stat is the fact that Washington is something like 1-17 in home primetime games since 2001.

I know it's on the road, and I know 0-2 teams are desperate to keep their season alive. But if we don't win this game, I'm gonna find it hard to defend...

With the way our schedule is this year as well, games like this are ones we have to win, or else we're gonna have to pull off some pretty special wins further down the line.

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

But he is the least talented of all of them.

I need him if their is an injury or someone needs a break. I do not need him to get scheduled and regular touches.

This is what I am saying.

If Montgomery doesn't know everything, run what he knows.

Heck they only run power, IZ, OZ, pitch, power and jet and they aren't running anyone but Cohen or Patterson on Jet.  Not like it is a complex running attack.  

I understand he may be a liability in pass blocking, if you want to use Davis there I am fine with that.

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

Whhhhaaaaatttt?

I would not have guessed that, like at all.

On paper, it is a cakewalk for yah.  

How are they going to threaten your defense?

More suggested offensive changes:

• Robinson needs to play in slot more.   Maybe exclusively.  
  • Nagy needs to throw on first down more.  I know that sometimes commits you to 3 straight passes, but it has to be done.  You can't get into the run, run, pass, punt predictable formula.

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

I believe he adds value and a role on this team.

Ideally, this offense needs;
1) A back who can catch out of the backfield = Check (Cohen)
2) A power back who is good between the gaps and can run clock and block = Check (Montgomery)
3) A back who is at least decent at all of the above.

#3 is what Nagy was hoping to get out of Davis and so far he hasn't been anything close to this by averaging a sad 2.6 y/touch. In fact, Montgomery has out-played him in every facet which only lowers his value that much more.  He still has time to turn it around but right now he looks to be very replaceable.

Edited by JustAnotherFan

10 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

With our offense there is no cake walk.

You have Allen Robinson.  They have Josh Norman.  Fun matchup to watch.

I've always like Burton at TE.  He's a good movement guy and pretty sneaky.

You have good running backs and one of them has gamebreaking potential.  Decent o-line.

I think you will run enough to win.  Guessing the offense can score 10-13 points, which will be enough to win, but I think your defense either gets a pick 6 or flips field position enough to effect another 6 points.

I can't name you their quarterback confidently.  Is it Keenum?  Their WR's?  Peterson is their RB and he's ancient.  I've been a big fan of their tight end, Reed, but he's always hurt.

I think you can ride just your defense to this victory.  Maybe you open up the offense a little if/when you get up two scores, just to see if Mitch can handle it.  But really, I wouldn't take chances early.  That D is just too good.

51 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Ideally, this offense needs;
1) A back who can catch out of the backfield = Check (Cohen)
2) A power back who is good between the gaps and can run clock and block = Check (Montgomery)
3) A back who is at least decent at all of the above.

#3 is what Nagy was hoping to get out of Davis and so far he hasn't been anything close to this by averaging a sad 2.6 y/touch. In fact, Montgomery has out-played him in every facet which only lowers his value that much more.  He still has time to turn it around but right now he looks to be very replaceable.

Montgomery is all 3.  He lacks big play speed is his only flaw or his biggest flaw. So you aren't going to see him with real long runs.  But he is a perfect work horse back and receiver.

I have heard a number of comments from Nagy and Bears players that Montgomery makes some fantastic receptions in practice.  

50 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

You have Allen Robinson.  They have Josh Norman.  Fun matchup to watch.

I've always like Burton at TE.  He's a good movement guy and pretty sneaky.

You have good running backs and one of them has gamebreaking potential.  Decent o-line.

I think you will run enough to win.  Guessing the offense can score 10-13 points, which will be enough to win, but I think your defense either gets a pick 6 or flips field position enough to effect another 6 points.

I can't name you their quarterback confidently.  Is it Keenum?  Their WR's?  Peterson is their RB and he's ancient.  I've been a big fan of their tight end, Reed, but he's always hurt.

I think you can ride just your defense to this victory.  Maybe you open up the offense a little if/when you get up two scores, just to see if Mitch can handle it.  But really, I wouldn't take chances early.  That D is just too good.

I think the offense can find itself eventually and can actually be good to very good.   It has talent.  

I think the outside pressure and disappointment of their start may destroy them before they figure it out and get there though.

27 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I think the offense can find itself eventually and can actually be good to very good.   It has talent.  

I think the outside pressure and disappointment of their start may destroy them before they figure it out and get there though.

I worry we are over rating the talent a bit. This was the discussion on the radio this week and I thought it was interesting.

Are the Bears actually good on offense talent wise, or do we think they are, and we over rate some guys based on what we think not what they have shown?

We do not have any elite talent on offense like KC, Dal, Phi.

23 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I worry we are over rating the talent a bit. This was the discussion on the radio this week and I thought it was interesting.

Are the Bears actually good on offense talent wise, or do we think they are, and we over rate some guys based on what we think not what they have shown?

We do not have any elite talent on offense like KC, Dal, Phi.

We have an offense that should be ranked 13-17 based on talent. Yet we are playing at a 28th ranking level.