GDT "Monday Night Football" Edition: Bears & Redskins 9/23/19

beardown3231

32 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I worry we are over rating the talent a bit. This was the discussion on the radio this week and I thought it was interesting.

Are the Bears actually good on offense talent wise, or do we think they are, and we over rate some guys based on what we think not what they have shown?

We do not have any elite talent on offense like KC, Dal, Phi.

• I think Daniels, Whitehair and Long aren't playing to their talent and we expected good things from them and haven't seen it.  
  • I think Daniels may be a combo of position change and off season cramming for his degree rather than concentrating on football.  
  • I think Whitehair just had a baby and was a bit distracted in his preparation for year and Long may have simply had too many surgeries over his career.   
  • I think Daniels and Whitehair can still be much better than they have shown to date.  They are gifted football ball players talent wise.  They just aren't playing like it.
  •  I think Massie and Leno are just average at their best so they are about what I expected.
  •  I think Miller due to his offseason (shoulder surgery &  rehab and ankle in camp) is not playing up to his innate talent.
  • I think teams are taking away Robinson who is a 50/50 ball guy and not a separation speed guy and MT is force feeding him anyway and it isn't working to date.
  • I think Burton is not that great to begin with, but isn't near where he needs to be due to lack of camp reps.  
  • I think Cohen and Gabriel have no excuse and simply aren't playing at their best for whatever reason with key drops.  They can be better than they have shown and I think they will be.
  • I think MT is pressing too much early and making a string of bad decisions making his play much worse than it needs to be.  He is feeling the pressure.  

Everyone is about 10% - 20% off their best which isn't horrible for a few guys, but fact that it is happening to so many different guys at same time is a major problem and we are witnessing the results of that.

Like a perfect storm of crap.

4 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

bummer

Ah well...I'd rather Bears play and win against teams at their best than win against a JV squad.  Allen is a good young player but Bears o-line is going to have to go up against players just as good or better than him and have success if they want to go far.

It'l be a good test for them.

Edited by topwop1

5 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Montgomery is all 3.  He lacks big play speed is his only flaw or his biggest flaw. So you aren't going to see him with real long runs.  But he is a perfect work horse back and receiver.

I have heard a number of comments from Nagy and Bears players that Montgomery makes some fantastic receptions in practice.  

I don't necessarily disagree that Montgomery is all 3 but I need to see more before I'm ready to go all-in with that notion.

It would be awesome if he becomes all around back because that something we could def use in this offense.

I expect some guys on offense are going to start rounding into form tonight.

Those who do not I am going to start having questions about. I know Charles Leno is not a world beater, but he has been brutal. I know Long isn't what he once was, but he hasn't been good. I know Miller has yet to get going for whatever reason.

Time for some guys to get moving.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I expect some guys on offense are going to start rounding into form tonight.

Those who do not I am going to start having questions about. I know Charles Leno is not a world beater, but he has been brutal. I know Long isn't what he once was, but he hasn't been good. I know Miller has yet to get going for whatever reason.

Time for some guys to get moving.

To me our O line has been more disappointing than our QB to date.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I wanted to see more from the QB, but the OL has been bad.

Leno has been straight trash, which is not acceptable at 9 million/season.

QB also is disappointing.  

Montgomery is better than i thought he would be.  He is getting yards out of nothing a lot.  Really impressive.  

He must think he is back behind Iowa St’s o line.