GDT "Monday Night Football" Edition: Bears & Redskins 9/23/19

beardown3231

Not sure any offense can function if the OL, QB and playcalling are all off, plus you're missing a component with no full-health u TE

I've not been on suicide watch as much as some, but we really need to see Trubisky show up tonight.  I want to see him being better with his eyes, making quicker decisions and hitting throws.  I really don't want to start reading up on 2021 draft QBs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RunningVaccs said:

Not sure any offense can function if the OL, QB and playcalling are all off, plus you're missing a component with no full-health u TE

I've not been on suicide watch as much as some, but we really need to see Trubisky show up tonight.  I want to see him being better with his eyes, making quicker decisions and hitting throws.  I really don't want to start reading up on 2021 draft QBs. 

See it, trust it, rip it. That's what the kid need to do tonight. 

Las Vegas has the Bears at 5.5 point favorites. That's a 1 point increase from earlier in the weekend. I'm expecting us to win but in a much closer game than Vegas things. I think the Offense will struggle again but play much better than previous weeks. 

20-13 Bears. 

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

QB also is disappointing.  

Montgomery is better than i thought he would be.  He is getting yards out of nothing a lot.  Really impressive.  

He must think he is back behind Iowa St’s o line.  

The WRs have been bad.

I would like to see more Wims and Ridley, give Mitch some bigger bodies to throw at. I remember Wims in week 17 last season just being an automatic throw when he was 1 on 1 because of how big he was. You cannot say the same for Gabriel,.

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

The WRs have been bad.

I would like to see more Wims and Ridley, give Mitch some bigger bodies to throw at. I remember Wims in week 17 last season just being an automatic throw when he was 1 on 1 because of how big he was. You cannot say the same for Gabriel,.

Yes, it can be tough when two of your receivers are 5'8 and you are only 6'1 yourself.  

Patriots do a really nice job of getting their small backs in space on two way go's.   Nagy really needs to study that because Cohen was built in a lab for this purpose.  He'd have a 900 yards receiving with Brady.

Just now, dll2000 said:

Yes, it can be tough when two of your receivers are 5'8 and you are only 6'1 yourself.  

Patriots do a really nice job of getting their small backs in space on two way go's.   Nagy really needs to study that because Cohen was built in a lab for this purpose.  He'd have a 900 yards receiving with Brady.

That is why I'd value Cohen out there more than Gabriel. Both have speed for days but Gabriel doesn't have much wiggle or elusiveness.

If we are going to be trying to own the short game I'm surprised we haven't seen more of the bigger bodies like Wims and Ridley over Cohen and Gabriel. I'm fine with using 2 bigs and one burner or whatever, but when you have Gabriel and Cohen and aren't using either to threaten deep with regularity you're limiting the offense a lot. This is doubly so in the run game as neither are going to block anyone. At some point we need to utilize the players by what they do best, and this team may be best at bully-ball out wide. Burton is a bulked up WR, ARob is a mismatch, etc.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

That is why I'd value Cohen out there more than Gabriel. Both have speed for days but Gabriel doesn't have much wiggle or elusiveness.

If we are going to be trying to own the short game I'm surprised we haven't seen more of the bigger bodies like Wims and Ridley over Cohen and Gabriel. I'm fine with using 2 bigs and one burner or whatever, but when you have Gabriel and Cohen and aren't using either to threaten deep with regularity you're limiting the offense a lot. This is doubly so in the run game as neither are going to block anyone. At some point we need to utilize the players by what they do best, and this team may be best at bully-ball out wide. Burton is a bulked up WR, ARob is a mismatch, etc.

The problem Nagy has is if you take Gabriel out we have no one with speed that scares safeties deep.  You will get two safeties playing at 8 yards.

You need one deep burner.  

If it is me I rotate Patterson and Gabriel and just have Patterson run 9 routes and posts if they don't put a safety over top than throw it.  Not many corners can straight run with those guys in a full sprint.   That gets rid of two guys.   Move Robinson to Slot full time and put miller at other WR.

That should provide room for RBs in flats.  

I would have done this in training camp.  You aren't using players to their strengths.

• Like 2

You guys got this tonight?  As in, should I drop a little coin straight up on the Bears to win?  Or do I gamble and take the Bears along with the point spread?

I'm hungry for a little more action after feasting on the Kansas City game.  But I don't know if I can count on that offense.

20 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

You guys got this tonight?  As in, should I drop a little coin straight up on the Bears to win?  Or do I gamble and take the Bears along with the point spread?

I'm hungry for a little more action after feasting on the Kansas City game.  But I don't know if I can count on that offense.

IDK man, Mitch and Nagy don't exactly have a great track record on primetime games. The optimist in me says after two solid defenses and facing the Bears D all offseason the offense should be flying tonight, but I have doubts about the offense and playcalling.

A win should be pretty damn certain, but the point spreads are something I have no confidence in.

7 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

IDK man, Mitch and Nagy don't exactly have a great track record on primetime games. The optimist in me says after two solid defenses and facing the Bears D all offseason the offense should be flying tonight, but I have doubts about the offense and playcalling.

A win should be pretty damn certain, but the point spreads are something I have no confidence in.

Points over under is 41.  That's the bet I liked.  The under.  Any thoughts?

7 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Points over under is 41.  That's the bet I liked.  The under.  Any thoughts?

I'd be pretty comfortable with that. Redskins shouldn't get much going against the Bears defense and I'm yet to see anything from Nagy and Tru that indicates they will put up enough points to allow any real garbage time points by the defense.

7 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Project Sowell has officially been aborted. Quite frankly there was really no place for him anyhow and we needed a temp replacement for Nichols so I like the move.

Not surprising. Converting athletes early can have some success IMO, especially if between the pros and college. But to be a low level pro for 6-7 years then try to transition to a more athleticism-dependent position? Didn't seem really that likely, but was worth a shot.

• Like 1