beardown3231

GDT "Monday Night Football" Edition: Bears & Redskins 9/23/19

I like the tempo game, and we saw a hard count by Mitch.  The 2 things I talked about wanting to use.  Nagy, if you read this, I'm available for a job, I'm also bald w/ a goatee, so I'd fit right in with the rest of the staff

I'm asking myself the kicking team is allowed to recover the kick off at their own 45 or deeper (if there is no penalty), this kick off was in the endzone, untouched, just laying there and the refs blow it dead. Is that an oversight or the rule?

Just now, ColGerBear said:

I'm asking myself the kicking team is allowed to recover the kick off at their own 45 or deeper (if there is no penalty), this kick off was in the endzone, untouched, just laying there and the refs blow it dead. Is that an oversight or the rule?

It's the rule. Now if it lands in the field of play, it's a free ball.

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

It's the rule. Now if it lands in the field of play, it's a free ball.

That's what I was thinking, that the end zone isn't considered the field of play on a kick off.

2 minutes ago, ColGerBear said:

You'll notice the returners now hold their arms straight out on a touchback, this was a rule put in place to prevent unnecessary hits, if a returner concedes the touchback the ball does not have to be downed.