2020 Draft Targets

Johnny Nix

Not sure if Hurts has NFL arm talent, but i'm hardly an expert of that kind of evaluation.  Lincoln Riley's system will elevate QB play so you have to be a little wary.  Love his leadership and businesslike demeanor from the position that kind of has to be the CEO of the team, and having that escapability is almost a requirement in the NFL anymore.  I'd certainly be more enthused about Hurts than a future relying on Dalton.

6 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

I think Tua is considerably better than Burrow, Hurts, Fromm, and Herbert. If we get a chance at him, we should take it. If not, I'd rather draft another position, probably after a trade down.

Have you watched Burrow this year? He looks incredible. 

2 hours ago, sparky151 said:

I think Tua is considerably better than Burrow, Hurts, Fromm, and Herbert. If we get a chance at him, we should take it. If not, I'd rather draft another position, probably after a trade down.

Tua is considerably better than Hurts and Fromm.  Burrow and Herbert are closer, but Tua is still #1 for me as well.  Burrow is my #2 but Herbert is right there with him because of his arm talent...

Burrow always impressed me in limited snaps at ohio state.  Thought he might turn himself into a 4th rounder. The only game I saw of LSU last year was the flop against Alabama, not alot to get excited about in that one.  I'll make a point to see Joe at some point though.  Like seeing the ohio kids doing well. 

Not sold on Tua. Hard to really judge a guy playing with such a  talent advantage all the time.  He has been just ok in a  couple of games with serious competition.  I was willing to give Zac benefit of the doubt if he drafted him, but I am starting to get Dave Shula vibes.  

Watched Oregon and Washington last weekend.  Herbert is a hearty no thank you  from me.  Eason looked like a better prospect. 

Chase Young would be hard to pass up. Same with Simmons or Okudah after we get a few wins. All of those guys I am in on more than any QBs. 

Suppose we have the #2 pick and Miami takes Tua at 1. Do we take another QB? Young? Trade down? 

I'd be inclined to trade down with another top 10 team, getting a first and 2nd this year plus a first next year. If we've not made many coaching staff changes and had our usual low impact free agency, we'll be drafting high in 2021 too.

42 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Suppose we have the #2 pick and Miami takes Tua at 1. Do we take another QB? Young? Trade down? 

I'd be inclined to trade down with another top 10 team, getting a first and 2nd this year plus a first next year. If we've not made many coaching staff changes and had our usual low impact free agency, we'll be drafting high in 2021 too.

Even though I firmly think Young is the best player in the draft, if we aren't going qb for whatever reason and you get a good offer that leaves us in position to get an elite player still,  you trade down.  Extra 2 and future 1 while still getting a bookend tackle,  3 down  stud linebacker,  shutdown cornerback or dangerous pass rusher is a  pretty excellent result to this boring season. 

2 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

Watched Oregon and Washington last weekend.  Herbert is a hearty no thank you  from me.  Eason looked like a better prospect. 

Not sure why I forgot about Eason, he's #3 for me at the moment:

1. Tua
  2. Burrow
  3. Eason
  4. Herbert
  5. Hurts

That's really the only QBs I'd consider drafting.  Tua, Burrow, Eason, and Herbert with a First round pick.  Hurts with a Day 2 pick.  Hurts is not a great passer but an elite runner, and an extremely hard worker.  Might be a decent bridge QB.

I know Herbert doesn't look great but he's got the best arm talent in the class.  Which is why he's still on my list...

43 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Burrow plays Auburn this weekend and then Alabama 2 weeks after that, so now is his chance to shine against elite defenses.

The thing I love about Burrow is his pocket presence and ability to make a strong throw within a collapsing pocket. He’s always keeping his eyes downfield. He really has taken a huge step forward this year. I’ll be excited to see him play these teams as well.