2020 Draft Targets

Johnny Nix

6 hours ago, BengalsBite said:

I think I’m gonna be praying to the football gods that Murray and Queen are gone by 33. I don’t want a LB with that premium of a pick. 

I'd be ok with Queen, but I've soured on Murray.  Ho hum run defense grades and Oklahoma never asked him to drop in coverage.  Athlete or not, major red flag.

13 hours ago, BengalsBite said:

I think I’m gonna be praying to the football gods that Murray and Queen are gone by 33. I don’t want a LB with that premium of a pick. 

Me too.  They're athletes without production.  It's another Ced pick, just at a different position.

14 hours ago, BengalsBite said:

I’d be fine with Murray or Queen, but would love for one of the top 6 OTs or Ruiz to fall to us. If all 9 of those players are gone, hoping for Mims or Reagor. 

9 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I'd be ok with Queen, but I've soured on Murray.  Ho hum run defense grades and Oklahoma never asked him to drop in coverage.  Athlete or not, major red flag.

If I had to pick, Id want Queen over Murray as well. Queen should be like the last resort where if all the other players you want are taken and you can’t find a team to trade back with so you take Queen. I wouldn’t hate the pick because 1. Yes, he will make the football team better (but by how much compared to other players is the real ?). 2. He’s probably gonna be a solid LB and be a fan favorite for a while 

Here's how I think my draft board for pick 33 would look:

Josh Jones
K'Lavon Chaisson
Denzel Mims
Zack Baun
Justin Jefferson
Yeter Gross-Matos
Cesar Ruiz
AJ Epenesa
Patrick Queen
Isaiah Wilson
Jalen Reagor
Xavier McKinney
Jaylon Johnson
Ezra Cleveland
Kristian Fulton
Ross Blacklock
Trevon Diggs
Justin Madubuike
Antoine Winfield Jr
Kenneth Murray
Lucas Niang
Austin Jackson

• Like 1

7 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Here's how I think my draft board for pick 33 would look:

I’ve been doing this same thing. Obviously tweaking it like every day tho.

1. Mekhi Becton OT Louisville 
  2. Josh Jones OT Houston
  3. Denzel Mims WR Baylor
  4. Justin Jefferson WR LSU
  5. K’Lavon Chaisson ED LSU
  6. Zack Baun ED Wisconsin 
  7. Brandon Aiyuk WR Arizona State
  8. Cesar Ruiz IOL Michigan
  9. Josh Uche ED Michigan
  10. AJ Epenesa DE Iowa
  11. Isaiah Wilson OT Georgia
  12. Jeff Gladney CB TCU
  13. Ross Blacklock DT TCU
  14. Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
  15. Patrick Queen LB LSU
  16. AJ Terrell CB Clemson
  17. Michael Pittman Jr WR USC
  18. Justin Madabuike DT Texas A&M
  19. Jaylon Johnson CB Utah
  20. Kristian Fulton CB LSU
  21. Tee Higgins WR Clemson
  22. Yetur Gross-Matos DE Penn State
  23. Grant Delpit S LSU
  24. Trevon Diggs CB Alabama
  25. Xavier McKinney S Alabama
  26. Kenneth Murray LB Oklahoma
  27. Lloyd Cushenberry IOL LSU
  28. Jalen Reagor WR TCU
  29. Austin Jackson OT USC
Edited by BengalsBite

Souring on Murray is understandable given questionable instincts, production, and lack of experience in coverage. But I’m surprised you guys are so low on Queen. He’s really only lacking production by getting on the field late at LSU. He’s got an optimal athletic profile, natural instincts, and high character. I’d say it’s worth the risk at 33 in hopes the CFB playoff version of Queen is the version we’re drafting.

Or are you guys just souring on using a premium pick on off-ball LB in general? That, I understand. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Souring on Murray is understandable given questionable instincts, production, and lack of experience in coverage. But I’m surprised you guys are so low on Queen. He’s really only lacking production by getting on the field late at LSU. He’s got an optimal athletic profile, natural instincts, and high character. I’d say it’s worth the risk at 33 in hopes the CFB playoff version of Queen is the version we’re drafting.

Or are you guys just souring on using a premium pick on off-ball LB in general? That, I understand. 

Moreso off ball LB, and Queen couldn't even make 230 lbs for the combine, where guys typically show up above the weight they play at.  Playing at 220-225 is fine and dandy in college, but becomes a little more problematic in the NFL.  And if that is the case, spending 33 overall on a sub package player that doesn't sack the QB has me a little worried.  I'd like the pick still, but just not sure he'd be on top of my board.  I'd be pretty happy with anything Jaylon Johnson or above on my board.

Edited by THE DUKE

Pumped
Josh Jones

K'Lavon Chaisson
Denzel Mims
Zack Baun
Justin Jefferson

Happy
Yeter Gross-Matos
Cesar Ruiz
AJ Epenesa
Patrick Queen
Isaiah Wilson
Jalen Reagor
Xavier McKinney
Jaylon Johnson

Understand
Ezra Cleveland

Kristian Fulton
Ross Blacklock
Trevon Diggs
Justin Madubuike
Antoine Winfield Jr

Not happy but i'll drink the Kool Aid anyway
Kenneth Murray

Lucas Niang
Austin Jackson

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Moreso off ball LB, and Queen couldn't even make 230 lbs for the combine, where guys typically show up above the weight they play at.  Playing at 220-225 is fine and dandy in college, but becomes a little more problematic in the NFL.  And if that is the case, spending 33 overall on a sub package player that doesn't sack the QB has me a little worried.  I'd like the pick still, but just not sure he'd be on top of my board.  I'd be pretty happy with anything Jaylon Johnson or above on my board.

Fair enough. Questions though, why are we assuming Queen played at 220 lbs last year? Why are we assuming he purposefully gained weight for the combine, where he would likely want to shed pounds to run faster? 225-230 lbs could be his playing weight. 

Also, guys like Roquan Smith (231 lbs), Deion Jones (222 lbs), Thomas Davis (230 lbs) all managed success at the next level with Queen’s weight and skillset. Queen’s game to take on guards and tackles. He wins by instinctually knifing through gaps, chasing sideline-to-sideline, and dropping in coverage. If Reader and Atkins can keep bodies off him, he’ll flourish.

I’m not a huge Queen fan at 33 per se (mostly because of positional value), but he fits the type of linebacker we’ve needed for years. 

I was just thinking, what if the Bengals are thinking that if they can get a solid starter at LB using 1 premium pick, they could free up the draft for years to come. They tend to draft solidly in the mid rounds (outside LB) and it would open up what they want to do instead of continuously taking fliers on LBs 

Edited by BengalsBite

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Pumped
Josh Jones

K'Lavon Chaisson
Denzel Mims
Zack Baun
Justin Jefferson

Happy
Yeter Gross-Matos
Cesar Ruiz
AJ Epenesa
Patrick Queen
Isaiah Wilson
Jalen Reagor
Xavier McKinney
Jaylon Johnson

Understand
Ezra Cleveland

Kristian Fulton
Ross Blacklock
Trevon Diggs
Justin Madubuike
Antoine Winfield Jr

Not happy but i'll drink the Kool Aid anyway
Kenneth Murray

Lucas Niang
Austin Jackson

Where would Gladney be at for you? IMO, he is going to be a stud. Would much prefer him over Fulton.