2020 Draft Targets

Johnny Nix

21 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

If we were to target a QB in this draft I really like Joe Burrow. He has looked great this year. I am between him, Tua, and Jordan Love. I really don’t like Herbert. He reminds me of that Blake Bortles/Blaine Gabbert type prospect. Has the tools but never shows it in college. 

Add Eason to the list.  2020 is shaping up to be a solid class for the Bengals to upgrade from Dalton...

What would it take in order to move Aj Green? I am assuming with the way things are going that your team may get 1st overall pick if things work out for them with your HC this could be a big move to have the best QB going to the Bengals in Tua. With Aj's injury history and seeking a new contract after this year making a move to get a pick would be ideal, just curious what would it take to pull the trigger? Based on his age and injury history I would be surprised they land a 1st rd pick but a 2nd and another mid round pick in 2021 based on playing time would be something I would like the bills to be interested in if that would be what it takes to make it happen? I was also thinking of a possible 1st rd pick for bills to swap with Bengals 2nd rd pick kind of like they did with the Cordy Glenn trade in 2018 draft. Would Bills 2020 1st and 2021 4th round that can be a 3rd rd based on health for Aj Green and 2nd rd 2020?

29 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

Tobin was present to watch Joe Burrow and Jordan Love for what its worth

I heard that.  I think it's good news that the team is considering moving on from Andy (though really, with any other team it would be a given).

And the John Ross over Pat Mahomes pick continues to look worse and worse.

1 hour ago, theJ said:

I heard that.  I think it's good news that the team is considering moving on from Andy (though really, with any other team it would be a given).

And the John Ross over Pat Mahomes pick continues to look worse and worse.

They wouldn’t have picked Mahomes even if they didn’t take Ross

• Like 1

The best news from this weekend is that Tua, Joe Burrow, and Herbert all played well.  I would be happy with any of those 3 QBs in the draft, with a preference for either Tua or Burrow.  The more I watch Burrow, the more I think he can challenge Tua for the #1 overall pick.  So even if we 'beat' the Dolphins and end up with the #2 overall pick, we should be in a good shape...

1 hour ago, johndeere1707 said:

I was hoping we would get Burrow with a late 1st, but it’s looking like he’s going top 10, possibly top 5. It will be interesting to see if he passes Herbert and Tua

Absolutely need to go QB #1, and then hope we can get a quality LB or OL with our 2nd round pick.  The past couple of seasons there's been some quality OL that dropped to the top of the 2nd round that I was interested in for the Bengals: Will Hernandez, James Daniels, Cam Robinson, Jawaan Taylor, Greg Little, Cody Ford, Dalton Risner, etc...