2020 Draft Targets

Johnny Nix

Honestly, this draft is shaping up as one of the best overall classes I’ve ever seen. QB, RB, WR, OL, DL, CB all incredibly deep. TE and LB have several difference makers. I’d love it if the Bengals traded every pick in next years class to get more picks in this class. 

• 4 weeks later...

I was listening to some podcast, I can’t remember which one, where this guy said he really struggles with getting a good release off of press coverage. I don’t know how coachable that is if that’s true?

He was concerned that his inability to get a good release might affect one of his best traits, the deep ball. 

I just watched a bunch of his games and it seems like he’s afraid to block. He will literally run away from a defender so he doesn’t have to block him lol

Edited by BengalsBite

I think as of right now, these are the guys I’d be okay with us drafting at 33

WR

• Denzel Mims
  • Justin Jefferson
  • Tee Higgins
  • Brandon Aiyuk

IOL 

• Cesar Ruiz

OT

• Josh Jones
  • Ezra Cleveland
  • Isaiah Wilson

LB

• Kenneth Murray
  • Patrick Queen
  • Zack Baun

DL

• Yetur Gross-Matos
  • AJ Epenesa

CB

• Jeff Gladney
  • Kristian Fulton
  • AJ Terrell
  • Noah Igbinoghene
  • Jaylon Johnson
  • Damon Arnette

I think best case scenario for us would be to take a starting caliber offensive lineman at 33 so we can go bpa the rest of the draft excluding at least one LB pick. 

7 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I like Reagor over Aiyuk for WR

I'm not too high on the CB's in that list, but I think I prefer Jaylon Johnson

I usually am cool with drafting cb early,  but looking at our depth chart, I don't think we go there early unless it's the clear cut best player.  

10 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I like Reagor over Aiyuk for WR

I'm not too high on the CB's in that list, but I think I prefer Jaylon Johnson

I haven’t watched much of Reagor 

2 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

I usually am cool with drafting cb early,  but looking at our depth chart, I don't think we go there early unless it's the clear cut best player.  

I think that CB is kinda in the same boat as WR in that there’s really only 1 starting caliber player on the roster, as of right now, in 2021. Obviously tho, a WR would end up getting a lot more snaps than a CB would which is why I’d prefer WR.

2 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Cesar Ruiz doesn't belong in the conversation at 33. He's young so a lot of improvement is being projected onto him. If you look at his tape, he's undistinguished. 

Bengals can get equal or better talent in round 4.

I’m not sure about in round 4. Round 3 should be the sweet spot for value and need for guard in this draft. I’ve been warming up to Jonah Jackson at 33 just because I highly doubt he will be there at 65 and he looks really good in pass pro already. Plus, wouldn’t it be fun to have Jonah & Jonah playing next to each other?? Lol