2020 Draft Targets

Johnny Nix

Some great quotes from LSU defenders about facing Burrow in practice before the 2019 season

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2020/04/21/joe-burrow-lsu-defense-nfl-draft/

“He killed us so much in practice,” defensive lineman Rashard Lawrence told Draft Wire’s Justin Melo back in February. “That was tough. We never got the upper hand on him. We couldn’t touch him in practice. Joe has all of the intangibles. He would see us in a certain coverage and just pick us apart. Whether we were only rushing three guys or bringing a five or six man pressure, he always had a feel for it.

“Yeah, that’s exactly how it went in the beginning,” Fulton told Melo in early April. “We had a lot of defense-only team meetings after those practices. ‘What’s really going on out there? Are those guys that good or are we that bad?’ We had to get on the same page. That’s exactly how it went.”

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SmittyBacall said:

I like Brooks a lot and wouldn’t be opposed, but what makes you say that?

Not sure really, just a hodge podge of stuff I've heard on Twitter, seen reported, discussions on LB in The Athletic, and heard something on the Radio that the Bengals had talked to him.

9 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

I’m so close...

* @NudeTayne approaches the Bengals forum *

ba5cf3b07cb4213a93ca36aca5b8d2c3_origina

Congratulations on Joe Burrow. I love the player and the story. We don't need a QB in Cleveland, so we're happy Joe Burrow will be staying in Ohio with our carp brethren. You guys are due an elite franchise QB (and I actually like Dalton).

May our two teams have knockout drafts and duel atop The AFC (North and otherwise) for years to come

Edited by NudeTayne
while both the Steelers and Ravens completely combust.
  • Like 6

11 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

* @NudeTayne approaches the Bengals forum *

ba5cf3b07cb4213a93ca36aca5b8d2c3_origina

Congratulations on Joe Burrow. I love the player and the story. We don't need a QB in Cleveland, so we're happy Joe Burrow will be staying in Ohio with our carp brethren. You guys are due an elite franchise QB (and I actually like Dalton).

May our two teams have knockout drafts and duel atop The AFC (North and otherwise) for years to come

2020 is the year of the Carp

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/24/2019 at 3:08 PM, johndeere1707 said:

If we were to target a QB in this draft I really like Joe Burrow. He has looked great this year. I am between him, Tua, and Jordan Love. I really don’t like Herbert. He reminds me of that Blake Bortles/Blaine Gabbert type prospect. Has the tools but never shows it in college. 

the prophecy