Class Reunion.

O'Doyle Rules

I have my 10 year reunion coming up and I'm debating on whether or not I want to go. I knew a lot of people in high school but only hungout with 4-5 outside of school, and I still see all of them to this day. Don't really care to see anybody I wasn't really friends with to begin with, and have the same boring questions asked over and over.

Anybody go to there reunion and have any good storys? Maybe seeing old ex's or things like that.

I've skipped my 5 and 10, likely to skip my 15 too.  Anyone I care to see from HS I can easily see if I reach out to them or I already see them now.  My opinion is that they are basically pissing contests on where you are at in life and I don't want to piss on everyone there ;)

24 minutes ago, beezee said:

I've skipped my 5 and 10, likely to skip my 15 too.  Anyone I care to see from HS I can easily see if I reach out to them or I already see them now.  My opinion is that they are basically pissing contests on where you are at in life and I don't want to piss on everyone there ;)

Yeah i agree.  I didn't care for a lot of them then.  I'm sure most of them have matured, but i can't see much good coming out of it.

I skipped my 5 and 10 too.  Though i heard they went to a lot of trouble for the 10th and it was pretty nice.

Now, i would go back for an alumni basketball game.  I have unfinished business >:(

34 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

This summer was 10 years since high school, kinda wish we had a reunion. In my mind I could brag to everyone else, but the likelihood is that everyone is far more successful than I am and I'd look pathetic. 

Yeah last thing I want to hear is everyone talk about the colleges they went to, and the jobs they have.

39 minutes ago, fretgod99 said:

I had a meeting with all those people. They think it's better this way. There was a vote and everything.

They don't know how to count, let alone meet or vote.

Think about the quality of people that would make ME think "Yeah, gotta cut the cord on this group..."

Seriously. Think about it.

Scary to think that my 20 year reunion is coming up next year. I don't feel old enough to be celebrating that lol. 

That being said, I didn't go to my reunions. My senior year of high school, I transferred school with about 6 weeks left to go in the year lol. I don't actually know anyone I graduated with (I didn't even attend graduation)

Went to my 10 year reunion, wasn't surprised to see that people stayed within their own cliques. Very forgettable. 

My 15 year reunion was put together by someone who didn't go to the 10 year reunion because of conflict with the one who set it up. Less people showed up but was much a more fun group of people. 

Keep in mind, my graduating class was 150 ish people. Only 6 people showed up to both reunions. 

10 year reunion was organized through classmates.com (about 30 people) 

15 year reunion was set up through a Facebook group (about 20 people) 

I'm still a couple years away from my 10 year and I've always kinda looked forward to it but the closer it gets the more I just don't care. I've remained friends with my friends in high school and as for the others I just don't care. I'm sure I'll go just because there's nothing better and because why not.

Archived