Dolphins bench Ryan Fitzpatrick, to start Josh Rosen

AFlaccoSeagulls

4 minutes ago, Ajayii said:

What happened to "The Dolphins are stupid. We already know what Fitzpatrick can give you. THeY nEeD tO pLaY tHe YoUnGeR gUy." comments? 

The problem is now that they traded almost all their talent on O, and are completely throwing Rosen in the deep end. I would have wanted to see him with Tunsil and Stills, but what do you expect to see now? If the goal is to see a young QB struggle with the worst supporting cast in the league then sure throw Rosen in there.

13 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

The problem is now that they traded almost all their talent on O, and are completely throwing Rosen in the deep end. I would have wanted to see him with Tunsil and Stills, but what do you expect to see now? If the goal is to see a young QB struggle with the worst supporting cast in the league then sure throw Rosen in there.

So Stills and Tunsil make Miami have a noticeably stronger supporting cast?

The OL was going to be trash with or without Tunsil and Stills isn't a game-changing receiver. Those comments were made after those players were traded.

Edited by Ajayii

Road game as a 22 point underdog. No problem. 

BTW, is this the first week in NFL history with 2 teams (also New England) favored by more than 20 points? Probably not. But I'm not sure I remember another example. 

I haven't been watching the Dolphins games but it seemed like Fitzpatrick was doing a swell job toward that #1 overall pick. That's the only reason I oppose this.

55 minutes ago, Emerica said:

"wHy WouLD tHe DoLphiNs TrAdE a SEcoNd RounDeR fOr RoseN jUsT tO bEnCh hIm''

9055ebfa31c8550e-e1494349501884.jpg

People gonna complain whatever they do

Not true at all.

They trade a 2nd rounder for Josh Rosen - okay so they must believe he's the future, and they have some young pieces around him like Laremy Tunsil to help build that future.

Dolphins name Ryan Fitzpatrick starter, trade away Tunsil and Kenny Still and Minkah Fitzpatrick

NOW it's a dumb decision because they're tanking for a QB anyways.

Dolphins lose 2 games in which their offense gets pummeled on the OL and their defense is historically bad, but name Josh Rosen starter anyways

Yeah that's an objectively bad decision because now you're tanking and starting Rosen? Either you believed in him before or not, and trading away a piece like Tunsil while tanking so obviously indicates you don't think Rosen is the future, or the present.

25 minutes ago, Ajayii said:

What happened to "The Dolphins are stupid. We already know what Fitzpatrick can give you. THeY nEeD tO pLaY tHe YoUnGeR gUy." comments? 

Those comments were relevant when the Dolphins still had good pieces on offense. They traded those away and now there's nothing left. What can you honestly hope to gain by starting Rosen at this point?

10 minutes ago, Awsi Dooger said:

BTW, is this the first week in NFL history with 2 teams (also New England) favored by more than 20 points? Probably not. But I'm not sure I remember another example. 

I believe it is the 2nd time. I think there have only been like 13ish times in nfl history a team has been favored more than 20 pts.

or maybe that was on the road, idk

• Like 1