Jump to content
AFlaccoSeagulls

Dolphins bench Ryan Fitzpatrick, to start Josh Rosen

Recommended Posts

Rewatching the Fins-Pats. Fitzmagic throws two pick-6 (only one was his fault) and Rosen warms up. 

First drive, standing at his own 37 he lofts a perfect pass to the Pats' 17-yd line where the ball hits the receiver basically in the face who drops it. A perfect 50-yard pass. 

"This ball is so well-thrown he coulda caught that blindfolded" said Hall of Fame QB announcer Dan Fouts, who was impressed with Rosen but not the butterfingers WR.  

Two plays later. From his own 42, another beautiful long pass from Rosen lands perfectly in the hands of rook WR Williams on the 14-yd line...who drops the ball. "This is not an instant replay," said the other announcer, and my how we laughed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, FinSting said:

Rewatching the Fins-Pats. Fitzmagic throws two pick-6 (only one was his fault) and Rosen warms up. 

First drive, standing at his own 37 he lofts a perfect pass to the Pats' 17-yd line where the ball hits the receiver basically in the face who drops it. A perfect 50-yard pass. 

"This ball is so well-thrown he coulda caught that blindfolded" said Hall of Fame QB announcer Dan Fouts, who was impressed with Rosen but not the butterfingers WR.  

Two plays later. From his own 42, another beautiful long pass from Rosen lands perfectly in the hands of rook WR Williams on the 14-yd line...who drops the ball. "This is not an instant replay," said the other announcer, and my how we laughed. 

Josh Rosen is going to succeed with Miami, get excited! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

This poor guy. Dude has played the good teammate/good soldier through 2 awful situations where it quickly became clear that they weren't going to give him a fair shake. 

I'm surprised he hasn't tried (as far as we know) to get out of Miami. 

How many games we giving him before they switch for the heck of it?

Lol, why the hell would he force a trade. This is his best chance to be starting QB. If he shows glimpses of being a franchise QB then he's gonna be their QB for next few years. He won't get that chance anywhere else. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Activated10 said:

Nothing to do with age, it's all about. Having Tunsil here wasn't gonna do much change to the Dolphins being a better team. That trade was way too good to pass up, even Tunsil said  he'd trade himself for that offer lmao 

So...maybe they can use one of those high picks on a LT? Sure. Makes sense when you present it like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

So...maybe they can use one of those high picks on a LT? Sure. Makes sense when you present it like that. 

Pretty much. Dolphins got more value out of Tunsil than Raiders got with Mack. Tunsil is not top 5 LT anyways. Use all those picks to build a great team. Even a legendary LT Joe Thomas didn't change the Browns winning ways. This was a great move by the Dolphins. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel sorry for Rosen. Not exactly set up to succeed in the coming weeks either. Hell if he does somehow manage a Win or two, that would be Impressive!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2019 at 4:15 PM, Malfatron said:

Its only as matter of time before Fitz comes in off the bench and throws 5 TDs

And then turns into the mediocre INT machine we all know him to be the following week.

Rinse, repeat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Activated10 said:

Lol, why the hell would he force a trade. This is his best chance to be starting QB. If he shows glimpses of being a franchise QB then he's gonna be their QB for next few years. He won't get that chance anywhere else. 

Because that offensive (double entendre) lineup would make peak Peyton Manning look atrocious ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Activated10 said:

Pretty much. Dolphins got more value out of Tunsil than Raiders got with Mack. Tunsil is not top 5 LT anyways. Use all those picks to build a great team. Even a legendary LT Joe Thomas didn't change the Browns winning ways. This was a great move by the Dolphins. 

I was going off his age and potential. As I'm not a Dolphins fan (and no longer live out East), I don't watch them play very often--and so, I was merely presenting my argument based upon information I got from media sources that I trust/fall back on.

If what you're saying is true (and I have no reason to believe otherwise, as you clearly watch them play more than I do)...and there is really no way that Tunsil is, or might become, a top tackle then boy was I wrong about that trade...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2019 at 7:47 AM, ronjon1990 said:

Because that offensive (double entendre) lineup would make peak Peyton Manning look atrocious ...

Miami oline hardly any worse than Houston, Tennessee, Cincy. Colts oline was atrocious for years and Luck did well until he was forced to retire. Rosen should go out and play and show the Dolphins what he got. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Activated10 said:

Miami oline hardly any worse than Houston, Tennessee, Cincy. Colts oline was atrocious for years and Luck did well until he was forced to retire. Rosen should go out and play and show the Dolphins what he got. 

Did you just compare Josh Rosen to Andrew Luck?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The OLine looked OK until Davis went down, but DAL doesn't have a strong pass rush.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, sledgehammer said:

Can we have Josh at Minnesota?? 

Just wait till the season is over. He'll be gone soon enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×