Are The Cowboys about to go off...?

Hunter2_1

Definition: Are they finally primed to be a perennial NFCCG qualifying team? So, kind of like what the Rams recently become. A superbowl contender, top 5 kind of team.

"When you look at the way that Kellen Moore has come in and utilized the team’s offensive weapons. it’s easy to feel safe with him running the ship. It seems that this truly is the case as Cowboys fans are super-confident in the undefeated team."

caveat: Yes, only two games (soon to be 3) against pretty poor opposition. But taking that into account.

Some quick-fire pointers;

- 5th in Red Zone scoring efficiency 

- 5th in PPG

- Kellen Moore has seemingly unlocked Dak and the offense' potential so far. Completion rate is at 83%, which is impressive no matter who the opposition

- NO line is giving their QB as much time as Dak has. He's the cleanest QB so far (in W1, they allowed pressure on just 6% of dropbacks)

- All-round team, pretty complete of D as well as O.

So, is this just a typical hot start facing bad teams and it will fizzle out, or have they finally arrived?

The Cowboys have been hampered by terrible playcalling for years. Our OL and WR's were also performing terrible (compared to expectations), but the play calling magnified the issue. If our OL continues to kill it like we have the first 2 weeks, we can beat any team in the NFL. So in that vein, ya, weve arrived. 

Edited by Matts4313

16 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Garrett  is a good head coach so I am not sure why that would disqualify us. He may not be great, but he doesnt suck. Just look at the turn around he has orchestrated. 

He’s not a good coach. He’s an average coach. If you have the 85 bears or 2002 Bucs defense I think you can win a title with him. But that’s it 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CP3MVP said:

He’s not a good coach. He’s an average coach. If you have the 85 bears or 2002 Bucs defense I think you can win a title with him. But that’s it 

I would be willing to venture you know absolutely nothing about the Cowboys or what Garrett brings to the table. 

You probably live and die by the clapper meme regarding Garrett. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

As annoying as @Matts4313 is, and as much as I hate the Cowboys, they’re good. They’re my “pick with my brain not my heart” NFC Champion.   They’ll have the honor of getting slaughtered by the Patriots in the Super Bowl this year. 

Can you imagine if we win the 'bowl? Im annoying myself just thinking about it. 

My troll level will be off the charts. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hunter2_1 said:
46 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

Their head coach is Jason Garrett so no

Kellen has lessened the impact of that, by the looks of it.

They do look different this year. They're doing amazing things like actually putting receivers in motion.....

Garrett hasnt called plays in 6 years. He lets the OC and DC do their things. Which was an obvi mistake with Linehan. 

I didn't realize how easy the first half of their schedule is - Dolphins, Brees-less, Saints, Packers, Jets, Eagles, Giants.

They only have 2 opponents who are even a challenge here. We will find out all we need to know about the Cowboys in November when they play the Vikings, Pats, Rams.

Dak is a great player but I must say that his potential probably hasn't been unlocked or something along those lines, though I could be wrong, tearing apart the Giants, Redskins (which was only really a one score game) and the Fins won't necessarily show you've transcended.

Edited by Drained

It's a hot start, and yeah they'll cool.  Probably 2nd half of the season when their schedule gets a little tougher.

But, they're still very good.  One of probably 5 teams who is in realistic contention for the NFC title.  

Cowboys, Eagles, Rams, 49ers, Packers.

• Like 1