Are The Cowboys about to go off...?

Hunter2_1

In the words of Stephen A. Smith, the Cowboys are an accident waiting to happen. What can go wrong, will go wrong. They will build your hopes up only to see them crash down hard and burn to the ground. Its a reason why its been 25yrs since they last been to the NFCCG. I dont know if its Jerry Jones or even if its current Jason Garrett. We know Jerry isnt going anywhere. Thanks goodness for Stephen Jones because he has made alot of great decisions. Remember he talked Jerry out of drafting Manziel. They did the smart thing and drafted Zach Martin instead. Stephen also did the smart thing by letting Jerry know its vital to get Zeke signed right before Week 1 and not letting the contract issue linger 5-6 weeks into the season. Like the Cowboys have a top 5 caliber team in terms of personnel. Im impressed what Im seeing with the OC Kellen Moore in calling plays. Im not going to overreact to the Cowboys beating up on the Giants and the Redskins. They face the BYE-ami Dolphins this week. They should put up a 50 spot because the Dolphins arent even trying. Its unfortunate Week 4 they are going to face the Saints without Brees even though its going to be in New Orleans. If Teddy/Taysom can look competent then the Saints should compete with the Cowboys but the Cowboys should still win that game. So legit (4-0) which hey cant fault how the schedule is playing out. The Cowboys first real stiff test will come Week 5 at home against the Packers. 

So basically what Im saying is this season is shaping out for the Cowboys to possibly go (12-4) or even (13-3) and get one of the top 2 seeds in the NFC BUT we know the last time that happened the Cowboys lost to ARod and the Packers in Dallas in the divisional round. I still remember that catch on the sideline by Cook. Like I was thinking that only happens to the Cowboys lol. Cook will never make a play like that again in his life lol. So we shall see this year if the Cowboys can take advantage of what is looking like a great season for them and getting into the playoffs possibly having a BYE and homefield. Anything less than an NFCCG appearance is unacceptable BUT again we havent seen the Cowboys in the NFCCG in 25yrs so its like Ill believe it when I see it. 

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

I'll wait until they play better opposition. My issue with the Cowboys is that I think coaching makes and breaks teams in the playoffs. Jason Garrett is not a person I'd trust to get it done. Despite Matts' protestations to the contrary, Garrett is a thoroughly average coach.

Are you not buying Moore? He does seem to have made a big difference already to the way they call plays and get people open. Early days, of course, but he may be one of the missing pieces of their puzzle down there.

Edited by Hunter2_1

34 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

So basically what Im saying is this season is shaping out for the Cowboys to possibly go (12-4) or even (13-3) and get one of the top 2 seeds in the NFC BUT we know the last time that happened the Cowboys lost to ARod and the Packers in Dallas in the divisional round. I still remember that catch on the sideline by Cook. Like I was thinking that only happens to the Cowboys lol. Cook will never make a play like that again in his life lol. So we shall see this year if the Cowboys can take advantage of what is looking like a great season for them and getting into the playoffs possibly having a BYE and homefield. Anything less than an NFCCG appearance is unacceptable BUT again we havent seen the Cowboys in the NFCCG in 25yrs so its like Ill believe it when I see it. 

I could definitely see that, yes.

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I didn't realize how easy the first half of their schedule is - Dolphins, Brees-less, Saints, Packers, Jets, Eagles, Giants.

They only have 2 opponents who are even a challenge here. We will find out all we need to know about the Cowboys in November when they play the Vikings, Pats, Rams.

is incredibly easy...back half gets a lot tougher.

I think the Cowboys are built to withstand it with how Zeke is used.
But trend more often than not is teams that are hot in September fade (Unless they are New England).
I think it'd actually be good for them to lose one to the Jets, Packers or Eagles as a way to keep them grounded.

Being a good regular season team hasn't been their problem though since the Romo era began til now.
Not going to know if this team is any different until they can win in the postseason, an NFCCG appearance or bust.

Look better so far

5 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I would be willing to venture you know absolutely nothing about the Cowboys or what Garrett brings to the table. 

You probably live and die by the clapper meme regarding Garrett. 

I live and die by his  81-62 record(2-3 in the playoffs) after 10 years on the job

Edited by CP3MVP

3 hours ago, Theballashawn said:

It's really unfortunate because the team is so talented.  It's somewhat of a long season so we have time to get it together and get healthy. However, Stephen A Smith stated that Carson has infected the team with an injury plague. Of course injuries aren't infectious but how you feel about that statement? 

Classic Stephen A man, just trying to rile the fans up. As bad as it sounds, I’d obviously rather have players like Gruguer-Hill and Goedert injured than Wentz. As long as Wentz stays healthy and we have some available weapons I think the team will be ok. 

The lines need to start earning their paychecks. 

13 minutes ago, RBreezy said:

Classic Stephen A man, just trying to rile the fans up. As bad as it sounds, I’d obviously rather have players like Gruguer-Hill and Goedert injured than Wentz. As long as Wentz stays healthy and we have some available weapons I think the team will be ok. 

The lines need to start earning their paychecks. 

I concur. Literally Dallas offensive line has been a dam wall for Dak. All that time in the pocket, even one of us would look like we on the momentum upward as an MVP Candidate. Now we gotta see how JJ will turn out for us as we bring him up as a starter. He looked decent in the preseason! College too! Really looking forward to seeing him play!  a full game. He reminds me of a young Mike Evans that make up for his height in vertical bounce. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Theballashawn said:

I concur. Literally Dallas offensive line has been a dam wall for Dak. All that time in the pocket, even one of us would look like we on the momentum upward as an MVP Candidate. 

The talking heads in the media (Cowherd, Bayliss, Doug whathisname etc) are absolutely gushing about Dak. They had a feature on the Herd: Dak vs. the rest, it was what QBs he'd chose over Dak right now - honestly there weren't that many. GOT to take into account the OLine.

Edited by Hunter2_1

5 hours ago, Danger said:

Then it'd be another story, but Dak is literally sitting back there drinking martinis at this point.

Ok, I hate this logic.

When a QB is struggling due to poor o-line play, we make excuses for him. When they're playing behind a great o-line, we use that against him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Elky said:

Ok, I hate this logic.

When a QB is struggling due to poor o-line play, we make excuses for him. When they're playing behind a great o-line, we use that against him.

There's just a massive talent disparity between the team Dak plays with and the ones he's playing against. Top to bottom. That's not to say Dak isn't making the most of it because he is, but to some degree he should be balling out right now.

On 9/20/2019 at 12:07 PM, Danger said:

There's just a massive talent disparity between the team Dak plays with and the ones he's playing against. Top to bottom. That's not to say Dak isn't making the most of it because he is, but to some degree he should be balling out right now.

I respect this comment. Once Dak sees a real tough Defense and plays well I will give him more respect. However, when ever Dak sees a real defense..... hand off to zeke... 

(link removed by Forge)

On 9/20/2019 at 12:29 PM, Theballashawn said:

I respect this comment. Once Dak sees a real tough Defense and plays well I will give him more respect. However, when ever Dak sees a real defense..... hand off to zeke... 

(Link removed by Forge)

Dak dominated at Mississippi State. I wouldn't doubt him. Like with Lamar and they both are really coming on in the NFL now. Not like they are someone like Baker who had an all NFL offense.