Are The Cowboys about to go off...?

Hunter2_1

5 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Are you not buying Moore? He does seem to have made a big difference already to the way they call plays and get people open. Early days, of course, but he may be one of the missing pieces of their puzzle down there.

I'm waiting to see what he does when he faces better opposition and teams adjust. But Moore isn't going to work a miracle, even if he proves to be a great offensive mind.

Yes and no... I don't think they're nearly as good as the hype will suggest when they post 6-8 wins in their first 8, but I do think they're NFC contenders no doubt. I'm not sure I'd look at this as being their coming out party though, let's not forget this same core group of players with the same HC were the #1 seed just 2 years ago.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kiltman said:

is incredibly easy...back half gets a lot tougher.

I think the Cowboys are built to withstand it with how Zeke is used.
But trend more often than not is teams that are hot in September fade (Unless they are New England).
I think it'd actually be good for them to lose one to the Jets, Packers or Eagles as a way to keep them grounded.

Being a good regular season team hasn't been their problem though since the Romo era began til now.
Not going to know if this team is any different until they can win in the postseason, an NFCCG appearance or bust.

Look better so far

reach_for_the_stars_animation_with_two_k

• Like 1

Complete guesses.

Toss Ups with Packers, split Eagles, Rams, Vikings, Bears. Six games, they win 3 or 4.

Loss vs Pats. Lose a game they aren't supposed to.

I see 12-4, 11-5 minimum due to the easy front half.

Agree with all the Garrett takes. He's a like-able CEO. He is not a good coach. When it comes down to a tough decision, he will not be able to get it done. But yes, they will be NFC contenders.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:
19 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Can you imagine if we win the 'bowl? Im annoying myself just thinking about it. 

My troll level will be off the charts. 

Hopefully to ban hammer levels 

I'd run away to Reddit for 6 months too, maybe 12 actually if that happens! Just to see how it feels?

Edited by Nabbs4u

12 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I'm waiting to see what he does when he faces better opposition and teams adjust. But Moore isn't going to work a miracle, even if he proves to be a great offensive mind.

Would you agree that Moore has made tangible differences, so far (if you've seen them)?*

*even though it IS against poor opposition, I'm more referring to their improved scheming and playcalling

19 hours ago, Forge said:

If the cowboys offense plays very well all year, is Moore one and done as an OC and gets a HC gig next year?

I've was reading through the whole thread to see if anyone had mentioned this point prior to making my own comment. This, IMO, is probably the biggest issue you have with OP's question of if they'll become a perennial NFC Championship caliber of team. If Kellen Moore is doing what is advertised as well as is advertised, he's going to get snatched up this offseason. Teams have been hiring almost unarguably unqualified coaches these past few years so long as they've come close to the elite offenses of recent memory. Nagy. LaFleur, and Taylor are coaches who wouldn't have even been mentioned for a HC job a decade ago, but recent trends make them hot commodities. So either the Cowboys offense keeps this up, and Moore gets instantly snatched up in the offseason, or the Cowboys offense doesn't keep this up, and then the team falls back down to earth naturally. And when assistants of guys like Reid and McVay get snatched up (or Belichek, for that matter, historically) it's never mattered because the guy really running that great unit is still there. But that wouldn't be the case with the Cowboys. Again, if Moore is as advertised and this keeps up.

19 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:
19 hours ago, Forge said:

If the cowboys offense plays very well all year, is Moore one and done as an OC and gets a HC gig next year?

With the current trend in the NFL? Definitely possible. 

Who’s on the hot seat?

Jay Gruden? Marrone if he lost that locker room with the Ramsey stuff?

Would Jerry let Jason walk if they look good all year but fail to do anything at the end?

I think Tomlin stays and Kellen isn’t really their type of guy anyway.

They're a prime candidate right now, but I think they'll keep falling short.  I don't hate the Cowboys like everybody else seems to, so this isn't hate, it's just my realistic opinion.

Too much of their roster, the top of their roster, is built up of non-premium positions.  Their strengths are IOL, ILB, RB and WR.  That's not how you build a perennial competitor. 

As they pay Dak, they're going to lose that luxury talent.  The better they perform, the lower their draft capital becomes. 

I think they're building up to bust.  In my opinion, their window is as long as Dak's current contract.